Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

i listened to Peter Frampton for the first time today

What's Hot
mgawmgaw Frets: 5239
to my eternal shame WTF,.  great player    smitten:)
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• SchnozzSchnozz Frets: 1926
    Frampton Comes Alive is one of my top 10 albums - It's wonderful. 

From what I've seen, he's a thoroughly nice bloke as well, which makes it even more satisfying.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • mgawmgaw Frets: 5239
    Schnozz said:
    Frampton Comes Alive is one of my top 10 albums - It's wonderful. 

From what I've seen, he's a thoroughly nice bloke as well, which makes it even more satisfying.
    will check that out cheers,   makes it all the nicer when they turn out to be reasonable human beings:)  
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    Frampton is great ... he's a really nice guy as well. Do check out Humble Pie .. his band before he went solo.

Great interview style guide with the man himself and the amazing story of how he 'lost' and recovered his famous black Les Paul ...

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24793
    Great player. I nearly wore my vinyl copy of FCA out.
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30273
    Great player but his excessive use of that horrible talk box thing put me off a wee bit.
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24793
    Sassafras said:
    Great player but his excessive use of that horrible talk box thing put me off a wee bit.
    You don’t feel like I do, then?
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • MoominpapaMoominpapa Frets: 1649
    @mcgaw As well as his older stuff, check out the wonderful appearance he made on Tiny Desk Concert. The way the whole room starts spontaneously singing at one point made me choke up, it was such a tribute to the way the song had lodged in peoples' minds.
  • Fretwired said:
    Frampton is great ... he's a really nice guy as well. Do check out Humble Pie .. h

This 100 %
     Humble Pie.  Steve Marriott, Peter Frampton, Greg Ridley and Jerry Shirley.
    An absolute dynamite band, so underrated..... 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom

@mcgaw As well as his older stuff, check out the wonderful appearance he made on Tiny Desk Concert. The way the whole room starts spontaneously singing at one point made me choke up, it was such a tribute to the way the song had lodged in peoples' minds.
    watching it now
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11262
    This one's magnificent, all of the band sound great.

Farmpton also has one of the most musical speaking voices, there are some people who you just like listening to.

absolutely loving it chaps...what a find and thanks very much for the pointers, much appreciated as the nights draw in
  • PhilKingPhilKing Frets: 1473
    I saw Peter Frampton last year on his final tour.  He played two Humble Pie songs, Four Day Creep and I Don't Need No Doctor (one of my favorites), as well as his version of While My Guitar Gently Weeps.  He's a great guitarist and singer.  I still have my 45 of Paradise Lost by the Herd and since it's on YouTube, I thought I'd put it here to show how his career has progressed:

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14320
    In the interests of balance, you should also listen to the cringeworthy “I’m In You”, cruelly satirised by Frank Zappa as “I Have Been In You”. (Oh, I knew you’d be surprised.)
    Be seeing you.
  • Fretwired said:
    Frampton is great ... he's a really nice guy as well. Do check out Humble Pie .. his band before he went solo.

Great interview style guide with the man himself and the amazing story of how he 'lost' and recovered his famous black Les Paul ...

Thanks for sharing this - he is a true gentleman.
  • Probably not a coincidence that I found this thread immediately after reading this interview with him in The Guardian - https://www.theguardian.com/music/2020/oct/16/peter-frampton-interview-memoir - and I must confess I'd never listened to his stuff much at all either. I should probably remedy that.
  • SchnozzSchnozz Frets: 1926
    My dad bought me this because he knows how much I like that album
    https://i.imgur.com/2ke9xQZ.jpg
    0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FelineGuitarsFelineGuitars Frets: 11494
    tFB Trader
    I got into Frampton in 1980 when I got a copy of the I'm in You album . Dipped back into Frampton Comes Alive . Great musician!

Many guitars have a re-sale value. Some you'll never want to sell.
    Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Pickups from BKP, Oil City & Monty's pickups.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!

• boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12314
    I met him once without realising who he was. I was doing a course for work in Staffordshire and the instructor was a big music fan. He invited us along to a blues night thing at a pub in Newcastle Under Lyme where the resident band were The Barflies, mostly former members of the Climax Blues Band. This bloke standing near me pulled out a Les Paul from a case and started tuning it up. I said nice guitar and started chatting to him. He eventually confessed who he was, apparently he’s old friends with one of the guys from CBB and occasionally played with them when he was in the area. 
    0reaction image LOL 5reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Never got into him.  I remember Frampton Comes Alive being very hot, and Show Me The Way and Baby I Love the Way being ubiquitous on the radio and somehow I just found them over-exposed and a bit annoying.  I was surprised to realise Beato was such a fan, but agree he comes across as a top bloke in that interview. I suspect it's too late for me to become a convert now though.
    “To a man with a hammer every problem looks like a nail.”