SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Gone - Free Fender 10’’ speaker

DrCorneliusDrCornelius Frets: 7116
edited October 2020 in Amps £
Hi ,

I’ve stuck a Ragin Cajun in my Super Champ X2 so this speaker isn’t needed . It’s just branded as a fender special design but worked well in the champ , the Eminence is more efficient so a touch louder and a bit warmer but this isn’t by any means rubbish !

Come and get it from Dorchester FOC or if you chuck some money into the Fretboard fund I’ll pay the postage and send it to you well packed 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• munckeemunckee Frets: 12351
    Don’t need the speaker thanks but have a scx2. How does the speaker work with the various amp types?

I like the speaker on all settings but channel 1 doesn’t compare very well to my champ and thought about an alnico Jensen, I hear a lot of people talk about the ragin Cajun  
  • Tbh I only use channel 1 the Princetonish channel, this definitely adds a bit of warmth but as I never really used channel 2 I probably can’t compare it fairly sorry !
    If you can’t be bothered to get out the pedal board there’s some great sounds to be had from channel 2. 

Number 6 the Princeton, 7 the deluxe and 9 the vox and 11 one of the marshalls are great with a bit of gain. 
  • Cheers @munckee , I’ll have a play later . I can let you know if it sounds any good to my ears but can’t tell you if it’s any better or worse unfortunately . Any clips I record will be via my iPhone so next to useless to you mate I’m afraid 
  • phil_bphil_b Frets: 2010
    i have a fender frontman without a speaker this would fill the gap perfectly. but I can not collect as im in northern ireland
  • Hi Phil , no worries mate chuck a few quid at the mods and I’ll box it up and send it over . Pm me your address mate and I’ll sort it next week 
  • @munckee , I can’t remember how it sounded with the old speaker but this is the channel 2 deluxe setting with the eminence in . Gain on 5 , guitar vol around 8 (Gretsch BroadKaster). Sounds pretty warm and natural and the speaker hasn’t broken in yet I guess. Thanks for the heads up !

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-5St3O-ilj8
    Difficult to gauge as I haven’t had mine up to 8 in the house. Sounds great though. 

I’ve just recovered mine in blonde and wheat grill cloth as my other amp is a silver face champ. Not perfect but looks alright. 
  • Looks damned nice to me, much more living room friendly @munckee ;