SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD: Carr Rambler £1600

What's Hot
DoctorfunkDoctorfunk Frets: 67
edited January 2021 in Amps £
F/S; Carr Rambler, blonde tolex, excellent condition with Elsinore speaker. Comes with cover and footswitch. 

https://imgur.com/D69mGfw

https://imgur.com/a/UyHycjY
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Bump
  • Still here! 
  • I guess these are not as popular as they used to be!
  • IainGrIainGr Frets: 16
    No idea why. I have had one since 2006 and still really like it. Crystal cleans, great reverb and tremelo and takes pedals really well. 
  • Maybe the ad needs a bit more info? How old, What sort of sounds, where you are based, wattage, reverb, tremolo, embedded pictures? Might help if someone is not up on what a Rambler is. GLWYS
  • Jimbro66Jimbro66 Frets: 2430
    I agree with @brucegill. Just a single sentence and couple of remote Imgur links doesn’t ‘sell’ things. The amp needs to be irresistible.

Here’s the photos inserted (easy peasy)

GLWS
  • RolandRoland Frets: 8741
    edited December 2020
    brucegill said:
    Maybe the ad needs a bit more info? How old, What sort of sounds, where you are based, wattage, reverb, tremolo, embedded pictures? Might help if someone is not up on what a Rambler is. GLWYS

I like to know things like: How long you’ve had it. Where you bought it. How you’ve used it. What condition it’s in. Why you’re selling it.

Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8539
    A belting amp with a grand off the new price - still need someone who wants this type of amp with £1600 burning a hole though - be patient 
  • Anymore info?
  • Brilliant clean amp and pedal platform
  • Bump
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mixolydmixolyd Frets: 826
    It’s better with the photos in...but carpet?  You want your expensive amp to be pictured on solid wood flooring - of preferably reclaimed wood - to give the appropriate frisson of luxurious but sustainable lifestyle living.
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16134
    Wow , we've got stylists for "Amp for Sale " ads now
    I always think Pedals should be photographed amidst a Tropical fruit Platter except Delays which everybody knows have a natural affinity with the Woody Wholesomeness of a Garden Trug  artfully strewn with Homegrown Organic Vegetables .
     Mini pedals like Mooer still look best on a cheeseboard with figs and grapes .
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • JerkMoansJerkMoans Frets: 8794
    Dominic said:
    Wow , we've got stylists for "Amp for Sale " ads now
    I always think Pedals should be photographed amidst a Tropical fruit Platter except Delays which everybody knows have a natural affinity with the Woody Wholesomeness of a Garden Trug  artfully strewn with Homegrown Organic Vegetables .
     Mini pedals like Mooer still look best on a cheeseboard with figs and grapes .
    Bloody hipsters.
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
  • I can't thank you enough for your styling suggestions. When I put this post on I assumed the intelligentsia who inhabit here would know all about a Carr Rambler. Assuming they would collectively proclaim the amp "a stunning amp powered by 2 6L6s with reverb and trem through a single 12" speaker putting 30 watts switchable down to 15 watts", I just photographed it in it's home habitat - carpet and all. I shall revise the post by flying to Clarksdale by way of Nashville and photograph it at the crossroads. 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I can't thank you enough for your styling suggestions. When I put this post on I assumed the intelligentsia who inhabit here would know all about a Carr Rambler. Assuming they would collectively proclaim the amp "a stunning amp powered by 2 6L6s with reverb and trem through a single 12" speaker putting 30 watts switchable down to 15 watts", I just photographed it in it's home habitat - carpet and all. I shall revise the post by flying to Clarksdale by way of Nashville and photograph it at the crossroads. 
    I'll be honest and say 99% of people on here who can afford to splash £1600 on a second hand amp know how good a Carr Rambler is and what it can do especially bearing in mind how well regarded they are among the big guns on the Forum.

• Well I knew it was well thought of, wasn't sure if it had trem and verb, or the power of it, or the location. Gave up and ordered something else.
    Your Loss
    Amazing what a bit of googling will tell you .......I think there must be at least 10 great demo reviews of the Rambler out there that expound the quality of the Verb and Trem  which the amp is famous for . Hope you were able to order something equally good .
  • Dominic said:
    Your Loss
    Amazing what a bit of googling will tell you .......I think there must be at least 10 great demo reviews of the Rambler out there that expound the quality of the Verb and Trem  which the amp is famous for . Hope you were able to order something equally good .
    Not really. I’m not the one selling something, so I’ve lost nothing. And I’ve bought something made in the UK. Google is good to a point, though for all I know there’s loads of options and differences over the years they’ve been made.... not hard to answer a question on your sales thread though....
    Sorry,didn't see that you had enquired...........they are a great amp tho