Boss MD200 Demo

What's Hot
GassageGassage Frets: 30926
Here you go- quite superb if you spend ages setting the bloody thing up.

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Great sounds - would you still say the Terraform edges it?
  • GassageGassage Frets: 30926
    Great sounds - would you still say the Terraform edges it?
    Well, this might sound obvious, but the Boss bits of the Boss are as you'd want them to be and the Chorus, Phaser and Flanger are better on the MD200. The CE1 setting on the MD (Under the Bridge on that clip) is sensational.

Univibe is equal, but I spent a lot of time setting it up like that, using the EQ on it and so on.

The Terra's Trem is light years better though, plus the Terra has a Dimention which is epic, the Boss doesn't.

The Rotary is useless on both- I have the Neo for that.

The other downside of the Boss is that I've demo'd the usable FX about, pretty much- the Terra covers more ground (Terra, geddit?- but it does)

Midi on Terra better.

The 200 is a lot cheaper than the Terra- to be fair you'd stack it v a 500 and then it's close. Nothing to choose.

• I've had a md500 for years now.
    Its a real marmite pedal. Some things on it sound glorious, other sounds like the flanger can literally strip the enamel from your teeth.

Makes do for practicing and remains in place mainly because I cannot be arsed to rewire my board ever again
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • That's a sweet as fuck board. And the MD sounds great too!

Bye!

• Also your playing is very nice James.

Bye!

• HoraceBHoraceB Frets: 337
    Sounds great, & tasty playing. I've been thinking about getting one, not sure if it could it replace my Dimension C, Mini Vent & Flint though. Out of interest are you going straight into the amps from the stereo outputs on the pedals or do you have and phase shift/ground lift solution? 
  • GassageGassage Frets: 30926
    HoraceB said:
    Sounds great, & tasty playing. I've been thinking about getting one, not sure if it could it replace my Dimension C, Mini Vent & Flint though. Out of interest are you going straight into the amps from the stereo outputs on the pedals or do you have and phase shift/ground lift solution? 
    Horace- thx-

All via the Cornish AC 4 Way Amp switcher (under the tripod)- which has ground and phase in abundence- nothing comes close to those things for amp splitting....the Kingsley Page was on for the Time solo as well as the muff and the EQ200 was on all the way, with a little bit of mid scoop but not much (both amps are very mid humped so was compensating)

Re yours- it won't. The Rotary isn't great on it, which is why not included on the demo. Trem is nowhere near Flint levels.

• JohnnysevenJohnnyseven Frets: 908
    edited October 2020
    I've got one, I really like it. Don't use much modulation but this nails the vibe, trem and flanger sounds I like. I may be in the minority but I find tweakable digital modulation works better for me than the classic analog modulations of yore, of which i've tried a few. I even like the chorus sound in it.

Nice demo btw.
    My trading feedback can be seen here - http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/58242/