NGTOD - New guitar the other day, L'arrivee

TheOtherDennisTheOtherDennis Frets: 2011
edited October 2020 in Acoustics
Having inadvertently caused something of a stir with my Peach thread, here's what it was all about.

It's a L'arrivee OM-02, spruce and mahogany. It has been set up, and very well too. It plays beautifully, sounds lovely and bright with some nice mid-tones and decent rounded bottom end.

Some of the reviews say it's too plain for the money, but I like that. I have a couple of Avalons which are really quite bling, especially the A200CE, and something restrained sits well with me.

The one thing I'd say is I'm not very impressed with the hard case that L'arrivee provided with the guitar. The Avalons came with Hiscox cases, and they seem so much more robust and solid compared to this one, and I'm not sure the Hiscoxes will have cost that much more at manufacturer rates than the L'arrivee one.

Anyway, here it is -

If you must have sex with a frog, wear a condom. If you want the frog to have fun, rib it.
0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• StrangefanStrangefan Frets: 5844
    I love the look of that,  proper good new guitar day :) 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Thanks, I'm pleased with it :)
    If you must have sex with a frog, wear a condom. If you want the frog to have fun, rib it.
  • VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15488
    nice, welcome to the larry club. 

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

• Very nice! Congratulations. Agreed on the case, I prefer their older TKL ones. The new ones are perfectly fine/functional but for some reason fee ‘cheap’. 
  • TeyeplayerTeyeplayer Frets: 3217
    Great guitars. The couple I’ve tried had wonderful note for note separation, almost piano-like. Enjoy it! 
  • CMW335CMW335 Frets: 2051
    Very nice, I have a nice OM-05 in the classifieds on behalf of my mate... cheap plug  =)
  • Benm39Benm39 Frets: 707
    Lovely! I really like the more understated look compared to bling.  Less is definitely more I think. Happy NGD!
  • DavidRDavidR Frets: 746
    That looks nice. Well done. There's a few OM's outOM'ing Martin now for tonality and cost. You only have to look at the ridiculous price increase between the OM28 Reimagined (now the "Standard") and the current OM28 Modern Deluxe to see why. OM and OOO sized instruments have become much more popular. Have fun.
  • Great guitars. The couple I’ve tried had wonderful note for note separation, almost piano-like. Enjoy it! 
    You're not wrong, it's very clear, and each note makes a lovely sound.

CMW335 said:
    Very nice, I have a nice OM-05 in the classifieds on behalf of my mate... cheap plug  =)
    Yeah, I spotted you'd posted that - the day before mine arrived!

Thanks for the nice comments, gents. :)