NASA launching 4G mobile network on the moon

What's Hot
FFS.  =)

Well at least my grandkids will be able to send selfies to each other when they are living in the moon colony as they look into the abyss at the desert ridden, flooded lonely, once blue planet their descendants called home...

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/10/19/nasa-is-launching-a-4g-mobile-network-on-the-moon.html

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 18730
    Humans are incredible, but we do seem to excel in finding new ways to shit all over the place for no discernably good reason  B) 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14424
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15485
    Humans are incredible, but we do seem to excel in finding new ways to shit all over the place for no discernably good reason  B) 
    we're number 1, we're number 1. fuck nature.

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

• KilgoreKilgore Frets: 8600
    I'm not convinced, a mobile will be useless with those big space suit gloves on. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 13940
    edited October 2020
    Kilgore said:
    I'm not convinced, a mobile will be useless with those big space suit gloves on. 
    Duh...Siri 

Except...your phone can't hear you through your helmet...You'll need AirPod Pros, Zero Gravity Space Edition, but they don't come with a charging case anymore, you have to buy that as an add on, but you'll look cool as you zoom along the Dark Side Highway in your Tesla Moon Buggy with the music on.

Kilgore said:
    Duh...Siri
     It's a vacuum. No sound. 

Although, at least if you drop it the screen won't break. 

Kilgore said:
    Duh...Siri 

Except...your phone can't hear you through your helmet...You'll need AirPod Pros, Zero Gravity Space Edition, but they don't come with a charging case anymore, you have to buy that as an add on, but you'll look cool as you zoom along the Dark Side Highway in your Tesla Moon Buggy with the music on.
    Putting aside the practical difficulties. It will be too expensive. The cost of a decent call and data package will be astronomical. 
  • RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 13940
    Kilgore said:
    Kilgore said:
    Duh...Siri 

Putting aside the practical difficulties. It will be too expensive. The cost of a decent call and data package will be astronomical. 
    But you can get zero “gravity” interest deals, they are out of this world!

”One small text for man, one giant tweet for mankind”

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • blobbblobb Frets: 2949
    Yeah, right. Next you'll be telling me we'll be getting a reliable signal in Mid Wales.
    Feelin' Reelin' & Squeelin'
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom