SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD - Gibson LP Traditional 2009 - £1350

What's Hot
JMS96JMS96 Frets: 138
edited October 2021 in Guitars £
This one was bought 4 year ago, second hand from  Express Music in Coventry. It’s been a great guitar, but after trying a long time, I just don’t think I get on with Les Pauls and want to try something else.

It has a crazy flamed top, with great colours and very unique figuring. It is very bright and resonant unplugged and light for a modern Les Paul at 8.6lb (3.9kg). It has the stock Classic ‘57 and Classic '57 plus pickups.

The only changes to this guitar are cosmetic changes to the hardware - a chrome to nickel replacement as follows:

Faber Nashville to ABR-1 conversion bridge in aged* nickel
Faber lightweight aluminium tailpiece in aged* nickel
Raw nickel pickup covers
Gibson gold knobs
*ageing is pretty subtle here - I recon more NOS, and in keeping with the raw nickel PU covers.

All obviously easily reversible, and all original chrome parts and speed knobs are included in the sale, along with OHSC.

I’m looking for £1,350 plus shipping (or collection from Sevenoaks, or reasonably close (eg London), exchange). 

1reaction image LOL 9reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• "This is a Traditional Plus. It has a crazy flamed top, with great colours and very unique figuering."

If only technology allowed us to share pictures over the internet...  :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JMS96JMS96 Frets: 138
    edited October 2020
    Honestly..... I'm trying! Wasn't meant to post this until I got the pictures embedded. This website has a habit of making me feel like a right technophobe... I know there's loads of threads about how to embed pics, but seriously, it's not working for me!!

HOORAY! Now done.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Wow what a beautiful top on that 
  • JMS96 said:
    Honestly..... I'm trying! Wasn't meant to post this until I got the pictures embedded. This website has a habit of making me feel like a right technophobe... I know there's loads of threads about how to embed pics, but seriously, it's not working for me!!

HOORAY! Now done.
    Don’t worry, I have to look the instructions up every time I post an ad. Beautiful top! GLWTS
  • Pm'd
    Listing modified as I'm now not sure whether this is weight relieved or not. This website suggests it is

http://www.gibsontraditional.com/models/gibson-les-paul-standard-traditional-2008/

• JMS96 said:
    Listing modified as I'm now not sure whether this is weight relieved or not.

It is weight relieved, with the "traditional" method: https://www.themusiczoo.com/blogs/news/a-guide-to-gibson-weight-relief
    Thanks Daisie! This entry in the Gibson forum seems to confirm this (Gibson customer services confirms full specs at the bottom of the post.

https://forum.gibson.com/topic/129292-2009-les-paul-traditional-neck-wood/
    Bump
  • sawyersawyer Frets: 732
    Stunner! Nice vintage vibe.
    Back up
    Back up again!
  • Bargain , good luck with the sale  it’s a real treasure
  • My word that is a wonderful bit of grain and flame. Glwts
    Bump...
  • I have a Suhr Classic T Antique up for sale on here if you'd be interested in a trade? It would require a bit of cash your way but I'm only 20 mins from Sevenoaks 
    That looks lovely, but it’s not for me, I’m afraid. Thanks. 
  • Sorry to ask a non purchase question but I have a v similar 2012 Traditional and have been contemplating changing the chrome parts to aged versions. Did you notice any significant change in tone/playability with the replacement bridge and tailpiece?
    GLWTS - these are absolutely cracking guitars. 
    mattdavis said:
    Did you notice any significant change in tone/playability with the replacement bridge and tailpiece?
    None at all, but then again I wasn’t looking for it. Someone with better ears might have noticed something, but I didn’t and I was really only after a change in look.

What did change the tone a lot was playing with the pickup heights. I suppose anyone who knows Les Pauls will know this, but I lowered the pickups quite a bit, and it opened the tone a lot - more airy and bright.
    Bump