NGD Waterloo WL14 XTR

This arrived yesterday afternoon!

After a long search I was getting close to putting down a deposit on a new build with a 2 year waiting list. As a last resort I reached out over on the Acoustic Guitar forum and a guy called Raymond from AMW in Pittsburg contacted me. 

One week later and I’m now the owner of a new Waterloo WL-14 XTR. 
I was torn between X or ladder bracing but went with X. I’m playing (learning) finger style blues and went with the X as (from all the clips I listened to) it sounded great for blues and had that little bit more versatility than the ladder braced for other stuff too. 

It arrived yesterday and after letting it settle into it’s new surroundings for a few hours I’ve been playing it pretty much ever since. I’m delighted with it, looks are fantastic and it’s very easy to play. This coming from someone who was put off by 1 3/4 but sizing a few months ago.  

I went with the smaller neck option which feels about the same as the neck on my wlk and suits me perfectly. 
I’d love to play the vintage V neck but didn’t fancy ordering one without being able to play it first so I went with the safer option. 

So a very big thank you to Raymond at AMW for making this happen. A true gentlemen! 

As a side note it’s worth mentioning that I contacted every Collings dealer in the uk and was quoted the 2 year wait and a £2795 price tag. One dealer was willing to discount it to 2.5k with a 20% deposit.
With all import charges, shipping, etc this cost a little over £100 less than the discounted price I was offered! 

Just a WLS Deluxe and a black WL14 LTR to go now and I’m all set.
I’ll keep buying the lottery tickets :)

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Well done, mate; I'm sure it was worth the wait. I'm still hoping for that 14LTR sunburst to drop out of the sky and into my lap.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Andy79Andy79 Frets: 888
    Bloody good job that.  Waterloo are completely on the back burner until this mess is over. 
    It looks great. 
  • GandalphGandalph Frets: 1577
    Thanks Trev, you never know...and at least you've got the Atkin until that day arrives.

I was resigning myself to that too Andy but I sold my 00-28 and that got me close enough to be able to do it. 
  • Winny_PoohWinny_Pooh Frets: 7768
    Very pretty
  • GandalphGandalph Frets: 1577
    Very pretty
    Thanks mate nice of you to say so