How to make a passable Ding Dong bell sound on guitar

What's Hot
RockerRocker Frets: 4980
Anyone here care to help me make a passable Ding Dong sound on guitar?  The song 'Sunday morning coming down' has the line that goes (something like): ....and somewhere far away a lonely church bell was ringing...<Ding> <Dong>.

A few online videos show how to make a <Ding> bell sound by wrapping a string over an adjacent string.  Sounds OK but I want to make the two sounds if it is possible.

Any help appreciated, thanks.
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 26964
    Harmonics? 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Ring modulator (some multi-fx have them in - Helix does, and, I think, Boss)?
  • Ask Christopher Walken :)
    'Vot eva happened to the Transylvanian Tvist?'
  • daveyhdaveyh Frets: 684
    Cross the E and A strings over at the 5th Fret (move fret to suit). Got this from Michael Schenker in ‘86.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I used to be able to do it on my old 'Avon' Les Paul copy!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RolandRoland Frets: 8701
    There’s a range of bell tones depending on how bell like you want it to be, and whether you’re looking for a European bell, a Russian bell which clangs more, or an East Asian bell which clunks rather than ringing. 

If you want to punctuate a song with no preparation time then I’d use harmonics. If you’re playing electric guitar, and have the effects, then you could add a touch of ring modulator and low percentage of radical detune.
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
  • Frantic1 said:
    I used to be able to do it on my old 'Avon' Les Paul copy!
    I had one - my first electric in 1975. I replaced the bridge pickup with one I got from a Maplins catalogue. Did a load of gigs with it.