SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Sold 1954 Gibson SJ-200 & 1963 Martin 00-18

What's Hot
CMW335CMW335 Frets: 2034
edited May 2021 in Acoustics £

The King Of The Flat Tops they say, this is a 1954 Gibson SJ-200 which was the last year these guitars were built with solid maple back and sides. From 55 onwards back and sides were laminated.

Guitar has some replaced tuners and new saddle but originals are included (machine heads not functional).
Has been fitted with a K&K Pure Mini Pick Up
Lots of crazed checking all over the finish but no cracks or repairs and structurally sound so has the perfect vintage vibe without compromising the important aspects of the condition.

All in all great condition for a 66 year old guitar.

Nice chunky neck and Brazilian board  makes it the most comfortable neck I have ever played on an acoustic and I have owned some crackers!! 

Unfortunately, like a lot of these old Gibson acoustics, the soundhole label has perished so the serial is not visible however this can be dated by the stamp on the neck block X = 1954 as well as some other features.

Includes original Lifton Case.

£9500 happy to discuss postage in UK/EU

Also up for grabs now is this 1963 Martin 00-18. This is a great little Martin in surprisingly good condition for it's age just a few marks and scrapes but crack free and black lights perfectly. Bought it to potentially replace the SJ-200 but decided to put both out there to see what interest there is. Its super light and genuinely incredibly addictive to play due to the great feeling neck and sparkly bright sound that really cuts through the mix on recordings (not used in a band situation as yet). Comes with a letter of authenticity written by then CEO Mike Longworth to a previous owner in the 90s which is a really cool touch. PM me I can share more pics and/or video clips.

Looking for £3250 plus postage or would consider adding both guitars to trade for something special electric, acoustic or even multiple items WHY

0reaction image LOL 17reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• CMW335CMW335 Frets: 2034
    Bump
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Bump
  • Andy79Andy79 Frets: 888
    I’m around an order of magnitude of cash short  but that is incredible. Right in the golden years too.
    @Andy79 Thanks, I literally have not been able to put it down since I got it!!! You would think that would improve my playing but nope  :s

As good as it gets in my opinion and I am very conflicted about selling this one!!! 
  • earwighoneyearwighoney Frets: 3491
    edited November 2020
    CMW335 said:
    @Andy79 Thanks, I literally have not been able to put it down since I got it!!! You would think that would improve my playing but nope  s

As good as it gets in my opinion and I am very conflicted about selling this one!!! 
    According to the spirit of my hero and mentor Keith Floyd, he said you should not in any way sell that guitar.

That guitar was one of the best NGD's here, I don't think you should sell it!

@Danielsguitars, did you see this Darren? Stunning old Gibson!
  • Bloody hell that’s a bit special!
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • DanielsguitarsDanielsguitars Frets: 3261
    tFB Trader
    CMW335 said:
    @Andy79 Thanks, I literally have not been able to put it down since I got it!!! You would think that would improve my playing but nope  s

According to the spirit of my hero and mentor Keith Floyd, he said you should not in any way sell that guitar.

Love the colours on these old Gibson's, the acoustic i made was a nod to these old j200s, they're very big 
    www.danielsguitars.co.uk
    (formerly customkits)

CMW335 said:

Love the colours on these old Gibson's, the acoustic i made was a nod to these old j200s, they're very big 
    Would love to see that, have you posted it on here?
    Bump

Bump
  • Wow  <3
    Thanks @horizonfade nice to have your first ever activity on the forum being a wow for this. Welcome to the forum  :)
  • Haha well it is some piece of history that!
    edited December 2020
    Bump. The need/appetite to sell this has reduced significantly but casual bump to see if any interest
    Forgot I had this on here bump
    edited January 2021
    Bump will consider trades/px but any trade offers must comfortably equate to the value of the asking price. Would consider an electric guitar of same value but only interested in Gibson or Fender.
    Bump still here
    Bump
  • Very nice! Replay Acoustics have a selection of vintage stuff that might tickle your fancy trade wise. Glwts