SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Sold 1954 Gibson SJ-200 & 1963 Martin 00-18

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• CMW335CMW335 Frets: 2034
    Thanks @Bluesman1989 I have dealt with Tony before and funnily enough he contacted me last week to see if I wanted to sell it on consignment. Not really desperate to shift it just curious to see if anything tempts me tbh. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Andy79Andy79 Frets: 888
    CMW335 said:
    Thanks @Bluesman1989 I have dealt with Tony before and funnily enough he contacted me last week to see if I wanted to sell it on consignment. Not really desperate to shift it just curious to see if anything tempts me tbh. 
    I found that guy a bit odd. I was most of the way through a trade with him for a guitar of mine, then radio silence, then he had my guitar advertised on his site before the dealer I sold it to had paid me. 

@andy79 that is strange, maybe I should check make sure he doesn't have mine up for sale  :) Tbh he contacted me after seeing my Reverb/Ebay listings where the asking price is higher than on here so surprised he expects there is margin for him to make something out of it. Only had a couple of dealings with him but both good experiences
    I’m not putting the guy down, just an odd experience. His prices are sky high and your guitar is an absolute belter so he’d most likely make a few quid on it
    @Andy79 Thanks, it's the dream acoustic I have been chasing for a long time and I can't even explain why I have it up for sale. If someone paid my asking price I would probably end up looking for another 50s SJ-200 somewhere down the line!!! The only disappointment I have with this one is the lining in the original case is green rather than pink!!! Now that's fickle
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    @CMW335 im sure that’s a problem we could all deal with...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    @andy79 I have come across as a bit of knob there haven't I  :s Believe me it's not lost on me how lucky I am to own a guitar like this and the others I have had over the last few years
    Bump still open to letting this go
    Bump 
    Bump with a second guitar added
    Clearing out more old scrap aye. 
    Man I would love a half hour round at your place 
    @andy79 it’s a madhouse you would want out after 5 mins  =)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Martin sold however when buyer turned up he made the mistake of having a shot of the SJ-200 so.... Martin now back along with an Atkin The Forty Three and SJ-200 sold. Transfer window is well and truly open.

Will end this thread here and create a new one for the Martin and Atkin both lovely guitars

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • danishbacondanishbacon Frets: 2694
    Amazing, congrats on the sale. That Gibson is dream worthy
    Thanks @danishbacon it was a dream to own for sure. 
    Hopefully it was me who bought it and just can’t remember doing it. 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Interested in the 00-18, if it's still available. I would prefer to collect in person, as I'd never sleep thinking that lovely guitar was in the post!

Mercedes300
    Hi @Mercedes300 it’s long gone I’m afraid but the guy I sold it to then sold it onto Replay acoustics. You will need to pay more than I was offering it up for unfortunately but I imagine there is wiggle room. It’s a great guitar