Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Adam Jones LP Custom...

What's Hot
Musicman20Musicman20 Frets: 2326
1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22780
    I look forward to Trogly's review video.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30290
    They're practically giving them away.
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • StefBStefB Frets: 2353
    They'd better come with a fancy adjustment Tool at that price.
    7reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SteveRobinsonSteveRobinson Frets: 7027
    tFB Trader
    I imagine these will sell out quickly...
    HOW MUCH?!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • That’s actually a lot better priced than I feared! Still well beyond what I’d be prepared (or able!) to pay for one though, I’d get an original for that price, plus a holiday!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Musicman20Musicman20 Frets: 2326
    That’s actually a lot better priced than I feared! Still well beyond what I’d be prepared (or able!) to pay for one though, I’d get an original for that price, plus a holiday!

I thought they'd be £8k....although still at the prices they are it is a nope from me. 

If you are a collector and can afford to invest, this is probably a very very good investment, as long as they are actually made well!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Musicman20Musicman20 Frets: 2326
    I imagine these will sell out quickly...
    HOW MUCH?!

Too much for me. 
  • That’s actually a lot better priced than I feared! Still well beyond what I’d be prepared (or able!) to pay for one though, I’d get an original for that price, plus a holiday!
    I thought they'd be £8k....although still at the prices they are it is a nope from me. 

If you are a collector and can afford to invest, this is probably a very very good investment, as long as they are actually made well!
    Aye, these will sell out pretty quickly and be ‘worth’ far more in a couple of years. 

Here’s to hoping for an Epiphone edition next year/decade!
  •  

Here’s to hoping for an Epiphone edition next year/decade!
    I think the Epi one is on way.

Im surprised any of these made it to shops to be honest. Thought theyd be sold out before that
  • DanRDanR Frets: 1041
    As much as I’ve wanted one since they were announced that’s more than I’m willing to pay.
  • abw1989abw1989 Frets: 635
    Gibson Custom website is showing the aged and signed version rather than VOS as $9999. That's more like what we're used to for Gibson prices ;)
  • guitargeek62guitargeek62 Frets: 4133
    edited October 2020
    @lustycourtierI genuinely hope so, that one I'll definitely be ordering if it does materialise!
  • abw1989 said:
    Gibson Custom website is showing the aged and signed version rather than VOS as $9999. That's more like what we're used to for Gibson prices ;)
    Haha, I can't wait for the fans to start explaining that the key to his tone is the one nickel ferrule on the tailpiece! ;)
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72306
    They should be made with real silver at that price...

You can buy an original for less, and that would be a much better investment.

These are the wrong shape too - the originals are from the period when Gibson used a slightly sharper cutaway horn tip.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• barnstormbarnstorm Frets: 628
    $10k and they don't even include his special tone screw in the headstock. Cheapskates.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • You'd think that for over five grand they'd remember to put both the pickup covers on.
    Trading feedback | How to embed images using Imgur

As for "when am I ready?"  You'll never be ready.  It works in reverse, you become ready by doing it.  - pmbomb

• TTBZTTBZ Frets: 2896
    Still hoping for an Epiphone silverburst! And ideally a bit less green than this one.
  • ^ That’s part of the appeal! I like the aged/yellowed look even more than the new ones :lol:
  • clarkefanclarkefan Frets: 808
    Why would anybody buy that when an actual original would be less?

Those late 70s/ early 80s Customs are proper boat anchors that should come with a health warning, wonder if they've copied that as well?  No mention of weight bizarrely.
  • PolarityManPolarityMan Frets: 7284
    edited October 2020
    Too rich for me. The VH4 is the tone secret anyways.
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom