Billy Joe Shaver

What's Hot
RIP To Billy Joe Shaver another Texas Country Legend that has passed away. 
Wrote so many great songs for others, never quite got the credit outside of Texas he deserved. 
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• rlwrlw Frets: 4696
    Loved this man's work.  RIP
    Save a cow.  Eat a vegetarian.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16294
    When we first had cable TV one of the included channels was CMTV. This was a few years after MrsTheWeary had returned from Arkansas and she was listening to a lot of modern country ( late 1990s) so we had the channel on a lot. I found a lot of it to be schmaltzy and I was not keen but sometimes you'd get Junior Brown ( I love Junior Brown), The Tractors, The Kentucky Headhunters or Shaver and then the volume could go up. Eddy Shaver was a fantastic guitarist and multi instrumentalist ( also played with Dwight Yoakam) but sadly died of a heroin overdose in 2000. I have a couple of Shaver albums somewhere from the Eddy period. Billy Joe had a lovely gritty old school voice and what I was listening to when everyone else was getting into grunge or Britpop. 

RIP     
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • A fantastic singer/songwriter...only just seen that he has passed on...They blew me away with 'Georgia on a fast train' many years ago and was only listening to a Shaver live CD yesterday and really admiring his vocals and stage prescence...The whole band were amazing...raw beer soaked high energy country R&R to beautiful non soppy ballads...Billy was the real deal for sure....Gone to meet up with his truly gifted son Eddie...another amazing picker that we lost 20 years ago....Rock in peace Billy & Eddie..
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom