Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Amplitube 5

What's Hot

Comments

• stonevibe said:
    I downloaded Amplitube 5, but I don't think I have the CPU for it. There was quite a bit of popping at times, albeit using a cheap Peavey Xport interface. The GUI was also a bit laggy though, and this is on a Core i5 8th Gen 8250 CPU and 8GB of RAM.
    I think 8GB RAM is pretty low for this type of software, as that CPU needs to work out a lot of stuff and will dump it all in RAM to do so.

And you are on the money with your interface, as it probably has to work very hard to give a decent latency and probably can't keep up.
    Ah I see, cheers. It seems it only really gets laggy with Custom Shop open at the same time, which I need if I'm trying various models. I'm enjoying the Red Pig amp and cab at the moment. :)
    Some folks like water, some folks like wine.
    My feedback thread is here.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I use Process Lasso, it doesn't show much cpu use (1/10th)  once a "typical" amp sim is loaded (amp cab and a couple of pedals). I've been using the AT4 version of the IK Leslie with a few Hammond sims hosted in Cantabile and noticed if I saved the presets in Cantabile and closed the AT4 GUI and then used Cantabile to load presets it used much less memory and even less CPU. 
  • stonevibe said:
    I downloaded Amplitube 5, but I don't think I have the CPU for it. There was quite a bit of popping at times, albeit using a cheap Peavey Xport interface. The GUI was also a bit laggy though, and this is on a Core i5 8th Gen 8250 CPU and 8GB of RAM.
    I think 8GB RAM is pretty low for this type of software, as that CPU needs to work out a lot of stuff and will dump it all in RAM to do so.

And you are on the money with your interface, as it probably has to work very hard to give a decent latency and probably can't keep up.
    Ah I see, cheers. It seems it only really gets laggy with Custom Shop open at the same time, which I need if I'm trying various models. I'm enjoying the Red Pig amp and cab at the moment. :)
    Yeah I've noticed this too. Fortunately you don't need it open all of the time, only if you want to demo stuff.

Bye!

• Decided to do a little reamp trial and compare with neural DSP plini.
    Think I prefer the amplitube driven tones to be honest?
    The trial is a little limiting so I can't do quite as much as I'd like in terms of trialling reverbs and delays...
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • dsteinschneiderdsteinschneider Frets: 1
    edited December 2020
    So I've been having a bit of a bash at this now it's out.

Honestly???

I think it easily rivals anything NeuralDSP have to offer, and I think it rivals anything I've heard from my Helix, Kemper, or AxeFX's over the years.

I'm very impressed. The amps have a new solidity and sag to them that they did not have in previous versions. The poweramp improvements must be doing something nice. 

The honky mids from Amplitube 2-4 are gone. Now we have very nice and pleasant smooth tones. Very much like what you get when sweeping a mic across a real cab.

The GUI's are beautiful. It shouldn't matter really, but somehow it does. It just feels nicer to use. Resizeable screen is great, and the user experience is very well thought out.

I am a fan.

So I've used bits of Amplitube on all three of my bands albums in the past, but often begrudgingly. The first album our other guitarist's DSL broke the day before tracking, so we ended up using a Marshall from Amplitube 2. Then on our 2nd album I used Amplitube 3 for some clean guitars and also as an extra layer of dirt on the bass guitar. Same thing on the third album.

Amplitube 5 wont make it onto the new album, everything is tracked already. But for recording at home I think this is a very viable product. I'm not hearing anything that I wouldn't put out on a record.

That isn't quite the first time I've ever said that. But it's one of the few times I've said that.
    Do you mind if I share this quote over on the Cantabile Software forum? There are a bunch of Amplitube users there and you perfectly summed up how I see the new version. 
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    Loving the tones but this should be called the Amazon release - too many bugs. Mine doesn't work in standalone mode - no sound. This is a known issue. As it happens I normally use it in my DAW which works.

I'd say it's better for the tones I like than Native Helix.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
  • TTBZTTBZ Frets: 2873
    edited December 2020
    Might have to give the trial a go! My i3 laptop will probably struggle though if it's a bit laggy on an i5 with 8gb ram. I've always used Amplitube for playing at home and recording. Managed to get some good sounds out of 2&3 but struggled with 4 for some reason. So far Mercuriall Spark is still the king modeller for everything I like though, I wish someone would come up with a good way of having VST plugins on a standalone hardware unit.
  • TTBZ said:
    Might have to give the trial a go! My i3 laptop will probably struggle though if it's a bit laggy on an i5 with 8gb ram. I've always used Amplitube for playing at home and recording. Managed to get some good sounds out of 2&3 but struggled with 4 for some reason. So far Mercuriall Spark is still the king modeller for everything I like though, I wish someone would come up with a good way of having VST plugins on a standalone hardware unit.
    I must say it's fine with Custom Shop not open.
    Some folks like water, some folks like wine.
    My feedback thread is here.
  • MickMick Frets: 98
    I see they've very quickly released AmpliTube 5 version 5.0.1 with a load of fixes.  

• I’d try this but IK are on my banned list for selling junk.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601

I’d try this but IK are on my banned list for selling junk.

What junk?

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
  • So I've been having a bit of a bash at this now it's out.

Honestly???

I think it easily rivals anything NeuralDSP have to offer, and I think it rivals anything I've heard from my Helix, Kemper, or AxeFX's over the years.

I'm very impressed. The amps have a new solidity and sag to them that they did not have in previous versions. The poweramp improvements must be doing something nice. 

The honky mids from Amplitube 2-4 are gone. Now we have very nice and pleasant smooth tones. Very much like what you get when sweeping a mic across a real cab.

The GUI's are beautiful. It shouldn't matter really, but somehow it does. It just feels nicer to use. Resizeable screen is great, and the user experience is very well thought out.

I am a fan.

So I've used bits of Amplitube on all three of my bands albums in the past, but often begrudgingly. The first album our other guitarist's DSL broke the day before tracking, so we ended up using a Marshall from Amplitube 2. Then on our 2nd album I used Amplitube 3 for some clean guitars and also as an extra layer of dirt on the bass guitar. Same thing on the third album.

Amplitube 5 wont make it onto the new album, everything is tracked already. But for recording at home I think this is a very viable product. I'm not hearing anything that I wouldn't put out on a record.

That isn't quite the first time I've ever said that. But it's one of the few times I've said that.
    Do you mind if I share this quote over on the Cantabile Software forum? There are a bunch of Amplitube users there and you perfectly summed up how I see the new version. 
    Sure!

Bye!

• ooh interesting...do you need to buy it to get access to old custom shop stuff or can you get that for free in teh new engine?

ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • Stuff you already own can be used in the Amplitube 5 CS engine.

Bye!

• Stuff you already own can be used in the Amplitube 5 CS engine.
    win..gues what tomorrows job will be! :)
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • So the VH4 is very nice (predictably my first choice), I do find it can get fizzier than either the real amp or other sims if your not conservative with the controls but very easy to dial in a great tone.....think I might be buying this.....
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • PolarityManPolarityMan Frets: 7273
    edited December 2020
    So here's a shootout of some VH4's...excuse the shonky doubles. Its 4 different VSTs with the same DI we have (not in order) STL tonality, Helix Native, Brainworx and Amplitube 5.....who can pick out amplitube 5?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1gq4Ql4IO7Uly-rnFINGEwZo1gcJDkhND/view?usp=sharing
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • TTBZTTBZ Frets: 2873
    edited December 2020
    Can't pick out which is which, they all sounded pretty much the same to me apart from the last one which was noticeably thinner/scratchier so was my least favourite outside of a mix.
  • TTBZ said:
    Can't pick out which is which, they all sounded pretty much the same to me apart from the last one which was noticeably thinner/scratchier so was my least favourite outside of a mix.
    The second one sounded most different to me, especially in the mids. The last one is def the most aggressive of the 3 and I thought responded to the pick dynamics the poorest.
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • BranshenBranshen Frets: 1222
    JohnCordy said:

Decided to do a little reamp trial and compare with neural DSP plini.
    Think I prefer the amplitube driven tones to be honest?
    The trial is a little limiting so I can't do quite as much as I'd like in terms of trialling reverbs and delays...
    pointless demo. The reviewer plays too well.

Jokes aside. amplitube has improved in leaps and bounds over version 4, which I did not like at all. Comparable to the neural stuff who I think are the best in the game at the moment!