Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

RIP Sean Connery!

What's Hot
PC_DavePC_Dave Frets: 3396
This week's procrastination forum might be moved to sometime next week.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• the_jaffathe_jaffa Frets: 1795
    edited October 2020
    Died at 90

Thank you for you acting Sir
  • monkey42monkey42 Frets: 337
    RIP 007
  • SRichSRich Frets: 762
    Some of these hit really hard......this is very high on that list. 

RIP Sean.

"There's things I want, there's things I think I want 
    There's things I've had, there's things I wanna have" 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 18727
    RIP to the best Bond.
    I'll be raising a vodka Martini to him later, shaken not stirred.
  • Very sad news, some say the Best Bond
    “Ken sent me.”
  • Just heard, that's really sad news. A proper legend. :'(
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 26960
    I want to make a scottish Bond-style pun, but it wouldn't do the man justice. 

RIP to a legend.
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • KilgoreKilgore Frets: 8600
    This is sad news. 90 is a great innings though. 

RIP
  • ZoolooterZoolooter Frets: 886
    God damn, another of my childhood icons slips away. Great memories Sir, rest in peace.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72301
    Not a bad life for a poor boy from Fountainbridge.

For me there is no other real Bond - everyone else is just an imitation. Even Ian Fleming thought he was perfect after seeing him in Dr. No, so much so that he re-wrote Bond's background to fit him.

I liked him in a lot of his other films too - including the much-mocked Zardoz (yes, I know, that outfit... :) but look beyond that and he's very good) and especially The Name Of The Rose.

RIP :(

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • TheMarlinTheMarlin Frets: 7845
    edited October 2020
    Sad news. My father favourite film has always been Derby O’Gil and The Little People.  
    An horrendous heap of Disney crap, but we can forgive him that because of all the good work. 

Off to watch Derby O’Gil.....

RIP MR Bond...
  • tone1tone1 Frets: 5148
    Mish Moneypenny...RIP James Bond
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12348
    From my age group he was from zardoz highlander and untouchables. He was one of those actors who didn’t act but was always believable. 
  • Whether he was playing an Irish cop, a Soviet submariner or an American professor of antiquities, he was was always Sean Connery.  And it didn't matter.

RIP Sir.
    Trading feedback | How to embed images using Imgur

As for "when am I ready?"  You'll never be ready.  It works in reverse, you become ready by doing it.  - pmbomb

• DB1DB1 Frets: 5025
    Ah, sad news. One of my favourites of all time.
    Call me Dave.
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28333
    edited October 2020
    Sad news. The only true Bond for me. He was such an iconic, masculine actor.
    TheMarlin said:
    Sad news. My father favourite film has always been Derby O’Gil and The Little People.  
    As it happens that is my favourite Sean Connery film. A lovely bit of Irish fantasy with wonderful effects considering that it was 1959! I'm going to dig my DVD out ....

Edit: my other Fave SC film is The great train robbery
  • MoominpapaMoominpapa Frets: 1649
    R.I.P. Mr Connery. I loved the early Bond films with him in the role - big part of my childhood.
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16294
    ICBM said:

For me there is no other real Bond - everyone else is just an imitation. Even Ian Fleming thought he was perfect after seeing him in Dr. No, so much so that he re-wrote Bond's background to fit him.

I liked him in a lot of his other films too - including the much-mocked Zardoz (yes, I know, that outfit... :) but look beyond that and he's very good) and especially The Name Of The Rose.

I was trying to think of a defining Connery film beyond Bond and probably Rose is it or The Man Who Would Be King. Haven’t seen either for a very long time. I wonder what the BBC will drag out of the archives. 

For viewing pleasure I’d probably put a Craig era Bond on but I think you’re right, he defined the role. 

Apart from a few unfortunate comments he made over the years I don’t know much about his personal life but gave us some classic screen performances.
    RIP. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • westwest Frets: 996
    If you want to see sean at his absolute best ... check out  sidney lumets  The Offence 1972  i also love him in the Hill ... rip ...
  • TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7802
    ICBM said:

I was trying to think of a defining Connery film beyond Bond and probably Rose is it or The Man Who Would Be King. Haven’t seen either for a very long time. I wonder what the BBC will drag out of the archives. 

For viewing pleasure I’d probably put a Craig era Bond on but I think you’re right, he defined the role. 

Apart from a few unfortunate comments he made over the years I don’t know much about his personal life but gave us some classic screen performances.
    RIP. 
    Defining role for me was the untouchables. Will watch it tonight I think.

Sad to read he's gone.