Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

RIP Sean Connery!

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11262
    Sad news. He was Bond, the others were just substitutes. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • PC_DavePC_Dave Frets: 3396
    Not forgetting his amazing character John Mason in "The Rock". One of my favourites :)
    This week's procrastination forum might be moved to sometime next week.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • LastMantraLastMantra Frets: 3822
    That's a shame  :/

I remember being off school sick and watching "hell drivers". Got totally caught up in it, great film.
  • skunkwerxskunkwerx Frets: 6838
    PC_Dave said:
    Not forgetting his amazing character John Mason in "The Rock". One of my favourites :)
    “Your best? Losers always whine about their best.. Winners go home and fuck the prom queen”.. lol! 

Loved that film. 

The only easy day, was yesterday...
    edited October 2020
    This is proper shit news though. 

The man was a legend. 
    I remember in college we had to write a piece on someone (no idea why, it was an engineering course), but I wrote about Sean. 

For me he was Bond. I liked the others too but Seans films are my favourites. 

A guilty pleasure of mine is The league of extraordinary gentlemen, he played Alan Quartermain in that. 
  • HootsmonHootsmon Frets: 15924
    So long big Tam and thanks for all those great days at the movies when i was a youngster
    tae be or not tae be
  • phil_bphil_b Frets: 2010
    great man, fantastic actor he will be missed
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30273
    I also liked him as Indiana's dad.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • DoctorXDoctorX Frets: 363
    A legend. Sad news, sympathy to his family and friends but fucking hell, if you’ve got to go then dying in your sleep at age 90, in the Bahamas, is a pretty fucking good way to check out. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • beed84beed84 Frets: 2403
    RIP Bond. James Bond.
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14030
    tFB Trader
    Can't add any more to the above - RIP Mr Bond and I dare say God has been expecting you 
  • blobbblobb Frets: 2914
    There can be only one.
    Feelin' Reelin' & Squeelin'
  • JayceeJaycee Frets: 287
    west said:
    If you want to see sean at his absolute best ... check out  sidney lumets  The Offence 1972  i also love him in the Hill ... rip ...

The Hill was a great  film
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22516
    west said:
    If you want to see sean at his absolute best ... check out  sidney lumets  The Offence 1972  i also love him in the Hill ... rip ...
    That is indeed a great film.  I'm also a fan of The Man Who Would Be King and The Untouchables (although not so much for Connery's performance in the latter).  And I must mention Hell Drivers (although he had a minor role).  And...loads of other things.

And yes he was the best Bond.

skunkwerx said:
    A guilty pleasure of mine is The league of extraordinary gentlemen, he played Alan Quartermain in that. 
    I like it too, although Connery reportedly fell out so badly with Stephen Norrington that he never did another live action film!
    Philly_Q said:
    west said:
    That is indeed a great film.  I'm also a fan of The Man Who Would Be King and The Untouchables (although not so much for Connery's performance in the latter).  And I must mention Hell Drivers (although he had a minor role).  And...loads of other things.

And yes he was the best Bond.

skunkwerx said:
    I like it too, although Connery reportedly fell out so badly with Stephen Norrington that he never did another live action film!
    Yeah I read about that! 
    Nuts. 

I wasnt familiar with the comics myself but thought it was a fairly enjoyable film. 

• 0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

• RIP.

Bye!

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22516
    Great tribute from Edgar Wright, he's picked out all the best Connery stuff:

"It says something for the extraordinary charisma of this Edinburgh lad to have created the most iconic character in film & then, rather than be typecast by it, become equally famous for just being Sean Connery. A real screen legend; oft imitated (by all!) but never equalled. 

"Though all of his Bond instalments are fun and two are among my favs of the series (From Russia With Love & Goldfinger), here are some non Bond Connery films I dearly love; Hell Drivers (a supporting role, but a badass flick), The Frightened City (clearly a dry run for Bond) 

"Hitchcock's Marnie, Sidney Lumet's The Hill, The Anderson Tapes & The Offence, the bonkers Zardoz, John Huston's rollicking The Man Who Would Be King, Richard Lester's elegiac Robin & Marian, his cameo in Time Bandits, but let's not forget of course his amazing last act...

"From charming immortal Ramirez to Henry Jones Sr, from being the rock in the centre of the best Michael Bay film to his incredible Oscar winning turn as Malone in The Untouchables, Sean Connery had a hell of a run. Have a vodka martini & a dram of whiskey for him tonight."  
  • Very sad :(