Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

What was your go to album or song when you heard that EVH had died?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• 1984.. I'll Wait
    My trading feedback

is it crazy how saying sentences backwards creates backwards sentences saying how crazy it is?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5416
    Oddly enough, 'When It's Love' because it's the last thing I ever heard Eddie & co play in person, they closed out their encore with it on the 2004 tour. Covid gig delays aside, I used to leave gigs thinking "can't wait to see them again!" but these days with some of those 'heritage' acts it's more like "I will be surprised if I ever see them again..."
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22780

I listened to Fair Warning followed by Diver Down.

The former is probably my favourite VH album and I've always been fascinated by the slightly disturbing cover artwork.  I love the latter for "Big Bad Bill" and "Happy Trails", even though they're not EVH-showcase songs.

• octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33793
    ICBM said:
    Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love

Eddie's greatest riff.
    This.
  • I wanted to revisit Fair Warning and also give Diver Down a proper listen. Two great Van Halen originals on Diver Down....Little Guitars and Secrets. I like the covers on there as well.
    Only a Fool Would Say That.
  • exocetexocet Frets: 1958
    Fair Warning - So This Is Love

• Odd and strange for most people but I played the isolated guitar tracks from the early albums. Some guy ripped these from Guitar Hero game years back and I'm still listening to these today (drives the wife mad!), the swing on 'So this is love' the groove of 'Jamie's cryin' (never been a fan of the vocal line), as people have already said his rhythm work is where it's at.
  • TheMarlinTheMarlin Frets: 7847
    Diver Down.  My favourite Van Halen album. 
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28335
    TheMarlin said:
    Interesting, that was always my least favourite. Very short album, very short tracks, 5 covers. Always felt like a contractual obligation album to me. The only track that has still stuck with me was Big bad Bill, which I love. I really must play the album again, it's been .... decades.
  • TheMarlinTheMarlin Frets: 7847
    axisus said:
    TheMarlin said:
    Interesting, that was always my least favourite. Very short album, very short tracks, 5 covers. Always felt like a contractual obligation album to me. The only track that has still stuck with me was Big bad Bill, which I love. I really must play the album again, it's been .... decades.
    It’s light, it’s fun.  Like all good things, short and sweet. There are a few covers, but they’re excellent covers.  
    If I’m ever down, this album always cheers me right up. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28335
    TheMarlin said:
    axisus said:
    TheMarlin said:
    It’s light, it’s fun.  Like all good things, short and sweet. There are a few covers, but they’re excellent covers.  
    If I’m ever down, this album always cheers me right up. 
    Yeah, I'm definitely gonna revisit.
  • Fair warning 
  • AndyJPAndyJP Frets: 220
    edited December 2020
    It was Women in Love for me. Have been binging all the albums since I heard. 
  • westwest Frets: 996
    Little guitars ... jamies crying ...
  • sweepysweepy Frets: 4183
    VH-1 Atomic Punk