Lowden O50C - value?

danny_777danny_777 Frets: 660
edited November 2020 in Acoustics
Gents - with apologies for the rather dull post, I'd be very grateful for some input on valuing a O50C. I've been offered one in trade for one of my guitars, and watching a few youtube videos of far better guitarists than me suggests they're spectacular guitars - they sound beautiful. I'm not an acoustic guitarist (slash I'm a pretty bad one...) but it looks like it'd be fun to play with for a while. 

My lack of acoustic experience is showing in that I don't know how to value it! Sales don't look that common - not surprising given the sort of prices I can see - so a simple "sold" search of ebay/reverb doesn't yield much.

In terms of specs, it's a fairly straightforward cedar/rosewood model, cutaway (hence the "C"), no bevel.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Personally, I think the 50 series Lowdens are overpriced new, which makes them difficult to sell second hand. If you are thinking of playing it for a while and then moving it on, you may have a long wait.
    It's unusual to have a "straightforward" 50 series, they generally have some special wood combos or lots of abalone to justify the high price. More information would help to value it but the general rule of thumb, as you probably already know, is 60% of new price. Hope this is some help.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom