What's Hot
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• D major tuning D A D F# A D. 
  • ToneControlToneControl Frets: 11893
    ah
    cheers

I thought it reminded me of John Fahey a bit, and mistakenly thought he played in open G

Checking now, he did play in open D quite a bit
  • ah
    cheers

I thought it reminded me of John Fahey a bit, and mistakenly thought he played in open G

Checking now, he did play in open D quite a bit
    The extra harmonic wash of a 12 string always makes it more difficult to pin a tuning down quickly.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    yep, that's the one
    sounds lovely
    I think I may use the 12 string for open and modal tunings
  • Fishboy7Fishboy7 Frets: 2196
    Sorry, slight deviation but I found this g minor tuning pretty inspiring to play around with

I found a page of John Fahey tunings, listed per track

https://www.johnfahey.com/TuningsPage.htm

• dallcorpdallcorp Frets: 139
    edited November 2020
    Fishboy7 said:
    Sorry, slight deviation but I found this g minor tuning pretty inspiring to play around with

I watched that link, thought "that's interesting" so listened to some more of that fella Brozman's stuff.......and then I read a bit about him..........and now I really, really wish I hadn't! :-(
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
    Good tuning though!
    dallcorp said:
    Fishboy7 said:

I watched that link, thought "that's interesting" so listened to some more of that fella Brozman's stuff.......and then I read a bit about him..........and now I really, really wish I hadn't! :-(
    yeah, I didn't feel like mentioning it
    the stuff I've heard from someone who knew him more directly was even worse
  • dallcorp said:
    Fishboy7 said:

yeah, I didn't feel like mentioning it
    the stuff I've heard from someone who knew him more directly was even worse
    Another very odd thing about the whole issue was how long it took to SCGC to pull his signature model off their website as well. I think even in the last few years when I checked it was still on their website, but it's off now though of sorts (it's listed on their site as the Baritone, with details of BB's involvement)
    I'm kinda glad I wasn't a long term fan of his........even just hearing and liking his music for about 20mins prior to reading the horrible allegations about him has created a weird cognitive dissonance.
    I guess I have some deeply naive belief that musicians and artists might be slightly more likely to be "good people"?........when the glaring truth is that they're just as capable as anyone of being evil fuckers?
    I still think it was wrong to ban "Thriller" from the radio though............Halloween just felt a bit lacking this year? :-)
  • dallcorp said:
    I'm kinda glad I wasn't a long term fan of his........even just hearing and liking his music for about 20mins prior to reading the horrible allegations about him has created a weird cognitive dissonance.
    I guess I have some deeply naive belief that musicians and artists might be slightly more likely to be "good people"?........when the glaring truth is that they're just as capable as anyone of being evil fuckers?
    It has always been my experience that people who put a lot of effort into telling the public how wonderful they are, are the ones to beware of. Think Jimmy Saville, Rolf Harris, etc. Bob Brozman certainly fitted into this category.
  • Fishboy7Fishboy7 Frets: 2196
    Ha, I should have said deviant not deviation  =)

It is a good tuning though