The Strictly Band

What's Hot
JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6378
Have to say I think they're ace.  Having to watch the cursed programme is made bearable by the band, the singers and musicians are superb !
Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• I get quite interested in the musicality of the dancers. Watch Bill Bailey and he is quite clearly dancing to the music even if he is physically a bit limited whereas say Nicola Adams is doing a gymnastics routine with music somewhere in the background. 
    But yes the band flawlessly get through a lot of varied music. In terms of production there’s quite a lot I like about Strictly even if much of the content I’d live without ( especially the pro group dances which belong back in the 1970s). 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3301
    edited November 2020
    I, too, am a fan.

I believe you can see much of the band when the male singer, Tommy Blaize, gigs and I've missed them around London and Surrey but friends have seen them and said they're superb.

Unfortunately, when I try and look up who's in the band, it just comes up with the current band leader and pianist, David Arch, and just the singers. I'd love to know who the other session guys are. Anyone else had any luck?

I also liked the house band on The Voice. The guitarist, Ben Jones, is really good and the drummer, Ash Soan, is an absolute monster.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17485
    tFB Trader
    They are very impressive.

We were discussing yesterday if it's appropriate to call them an orchestra when they are more of a big band.
  • I get quite interested in the musicality of the dancers. Watch Bill Bailey and he is quite clearly dancing to the music even if he is physically a bit limited whereas say Nicola Adams is doing a gymnastics routine with music somewhere in the background. 
    But yes the band flawlessly get through a lot of varied music. In terms of production there’s quite a lot I like about Strictly even if much of the content I’d live without ( especially the pro group dances which belong back in the 1970s). 
    Bill's clearly using his knowledge of time signatures. Even a bit of guitar playing last night too. I think they're all doing well this year due to them not having any other work on though. 

Back on topic though the band are exceptional. It really annoys my wife when I call them Glen Ponder and Chalet/Debonair/Ferrari/Bangkok/Savoir Faire or Lazarus. Again, I do this every week. 
    "A city star won’t shine too far"

Bill's clearly using his knowledge of time signatures. Even a bit of guitar playing last night too. I think they're all doing well this year due to them not having any other work on though. 

Back on topic though the band are exceptional. It really annoys my wife when I call them Glen Ponder and Chalet/Debonair/Ferrari/Bangkok/Savoir Faire or Lazarus. Again, I do this every week. 
    I think the woman off ITV breakfast telly is still doing some work? 
    It was very part time when the whole thing started so standards have improved a lot. The Blackpool week began because the pro dancers wouldn’t give up a dancing competition that was already scheduled so the filming had to take place in Blackpool that weekend to fit around that. As Strictly must be a gold mine for them these days hard to imagine them saying that now. 

Oh I know too much about Strictly... :anguished: 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • joetelejoetele Frets: 947
    I'd rather watch a programme where people are learning to dance, and finding joy in it, with a live band and professional criticism from experts, than anything else that's available on a Saturday night, especially since they stopped showing great movies on Saturday nights. 
    MUSIC: Pale Blurs
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • Yeah but fucking slowest double bass I've ever seen.  
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28280
    I never watch it but I think it's a great entertainment show. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom