IPASOY Mixing Challenge

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• BezzerBezzer Frets: 581
    I’ll have a dig around tonight see if there’s a sample rate issue. Not had the problem with any other files you’ve sent me though which is why I assumed the speed up was deliberate until I heard Dainty’s 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • andy_kandy_k Frets: 818
    files came out ok my end, I assumed the slowed down version was an artistic choice.
    You are not on Reaper are you? there is a sneaky playrate control that can catch you out, I have mine hidden.
    No, on Cubase Artist 10.5 ... it’s so weird
  • poopotpoopot Frets: 9098
    Bezzer said:
    No, on Cubase Artist 10.5 ... it’s so weird
    What sample rate is your project @Bezzer?
    OK, I've checked and mine is 54bpm but yes the original audio is 58bpm.

@poopot project is set up as 44.1k 24bit audio.  Looks like I didn't convert from 48k on the way in.  Balls!  I don't know why this hasn't happened with our other projects though.  Not sure whether I switch sample rate or you did ... either way it is what it is.

Now, do I reimport everything or leave it as it is.

I think you know which it's going to be ... unless I get a spurt of energy on the weekend.  Annoying as I was really happy with the end result but know everything will be a bit out now.
    I can tell you why it’s not happened before...

When I started to mix Ipasoy I did it at my mates place and the project was 48k... all the other stuff prior was done at 44.1k...

everything moving forward should now be 48k :)

• andy_kandy_k Frets: 818
    Do you have to re-import? can you not just switch the sample rate and do another bounce?
    I can understand it is a problem if you have mixed rates within the project, but if you haven't, you should just be able to change the project sample rate, I don't use Cubase, so I'm not sure.
    Another reason I like Reaper, my project settings, 48k 24 bit, allow files to be automatically re-sampled on import-if they don't match, and there is an icon on the track if it has been. I save my stuff out as 44k 16 bit, and have it in the same session-all play rates match, so it is easy to do the bad thing and mix sample rates in the same project with no consequence.
    @andy_k bang on sir!  I just hadn't read that page of the manual (or any manual, I should know this I've used Cubase for well over 15 years).

Anyway ... new version submitted!  So you can have one at the right speed to compare properly.  Or both.  Or neither.  Whatever you like ha ha
    Last weekend before the deadline folks
    @oaf added to the list.

Anymore for anymore?
    Last day to get something in chaps