Cubase 11 launched

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 9712
    edited November 2020
    Fretwired said:
    I've noticed the Studio EQ VST plug in has disappeared from my lowly Elements 8 even though it was definitely there before as I've used it frequently, apparently it's £25 to upgrade to Elements 11  (which supposedly includes it) but I've read through the website page and can't really see anything that is different, though I suppose that's going to be more noticeable in the proper versions rather than the toddlers' version I use.

There's a Studio EQ in the channel strip ...

It's the settings I'm bothered about having lost more than the plugin itself. Is there a data to export data from plugin settings to excel or something? I'm more ocd about everything now because of Cubase's propensity to lose stuff for me, so I keep written notes of everything I change but that's only been relatively recently I've been doing that
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601

It's the settings I'm bothered about having lost more than the plugin itself. Is there a data to export data from plugin settings to excel or something? I'm more ocd about everything now because of Cubase's propensity to lose stuff for me, so I keep written notes of everything I change but that's only been relatively recently I've been doing that

Do you backup your projects?

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
  • How do you mean? I save them and copy all files somewhere else when I remember, not sure if that is what you mean
    How do you mean? I save them and copy all files somewhere else when I remember, not sure if that is what you mean

Then your settings will be saved. In the pro version, you can set up pre-saved templates to cover EQ etc. Not sure if that's in Elements.

• Fretwired said:
    How do you mean? I save them and copy all files somewhere else when I remember, not sure if that is what you mean

Then your settings will be saved. In the pro version, you can set up pre-saved templates to cover EQ etc. Not sure if that's in Elements.
    Sorry i'm a bit thick. If the plugin is no longer on my system how can I then read the settings to note them down?
    Fretwired said:

Sorry i'm a bit thick. If the plugin is no longer on my system how can I then read the settings to note them down?

Are you sure the plugin is no longer on your PC? Steinberg doesn't remove VST's unless they replace them with something new.

I think I may have an older version of Elements on an old work machine. I'll have a look - I could then send you the VST.

• thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 9712
    edited November 2020
    Fretwired said:
    Fretwired said:

Are you sure the plugin is no longer on your PC? Steinberg doesn't remove VST's unless they replace them with something new.

I think I may have an older version of Elements on an old work machine. I'll have a look - I could then send you the VST.
    It's definitely gone, I deleted everything and reinstalled and everything is back there but not the Studio EQ. There are a few threads on Google about how it wasn't meant to be included or something like that but that seems odd, and they were in 2016 (which is when the last update was I think). Who knows! My lesson is learnt however - make better notes and try not to use anything built into Cubase and at least then it will make it easier to switch to other DAWs in future if I'm only using 3rd party plugins

It's definitely gone, I deleted everything and reinstalled and everything is back there but not the Studio EQ. There are a few threads on Google about how it wasn't meant to be included or something like that but that seems odd, and they were in 2016 (which is when the last update was I think). Who knows! My lesson is learnt however - make better notes and try not to use anything built into Cubase and at least then it will make it easier to switch to other DAWs in future if I'm only using 3rd party plugins

How did you delete it? Windows uninstaller?

• Fretwired said:

How did you delete it? Windows uninstaller?
    I've done it a few ways, using the Cubase launcher installer thing, Ccleaner, Windows, physically just deleting the lot etc. Not to worry, I think it's wasted enough time now, I'm just going to let it go and find a free similar 3rd party plugin instead and do the same for any other Cubase plugins I've used in the past so I'm not relying on it
  • IvanMCIvanMC Frets: 91
    I jumped from Nuendo 4 to Cubase 10.5, which has been massively luxurious since I'm a dilettante. I'm loving it. It's easy to use, or I've stopped being a narrow minded c..t after turning 40... I wonder what's new now, since everything seems to have been thought out
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33793
    Fretwired said:
    octatonic said:
    I don't really understand why people use Cubase.
    Nuendo is a bit more expensive but it is the stable product.
    I think of Cubase as Steinberg's beta program for users.
    I moved to Nuendo about a year ago and it is much more stable.

And just to prove my point about the dongle Steinberg e-License servers are down. Lots of users frustrated and it looks like this is serious ..

Whatever you do don't try and upgrade until the servers are back as your previous installation will stop working.

Time for Steinberg to bin it.
    Their industry NFR's are well annoying. First you need a special red dongle, which are harder to get than a wife, and then you get codes that expire every 2 months making you feel like you're continually having to resuscitate said wife, who happens to be made of latex.
    Tell me about it.
    I ended up just buying the bloody thing.