Newbie to stereo - connection questions

Having ordered a Bad Cat Paw I am keen to make use of the stereo functionality of my Free The Tone Tri Avatar Chorus and my Hammond Leslie G pedal. Both have single inputs and two outputs (left/right).

Having never dabbled with stereo before, I have some basic cabling related questions I would value assistance with please:

1. What patch cable do I need to connect the Tri Avatar to the Hammond Leslie G? Dual 1/4 to TRS? Links to where I can purchase a suitable decent quality cable of this nature appreciated!

2. What cables do I need from the outputs of the Leslie G to the amp? Regular instrument cable or a stereo variant?

Also, presumably I will need to move my end of chain mono EQ/boost pedal that is at the end of the pedalboard to sit before the two stereo pedals? The EQ is predominantly located here for solo boost purposes and I don't really want to be boosting the signal into the chorus and rotary pedals. Is there an easy way around this predicament?

Thanks in advance. 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72311
    If both the pedals are mono in, stereo out - they will be, I'm sure - you'll have to either use a stereo loop mixing system so they're actually in parallel, or choose to keep one in mono, which goes first.

Unless they have low enough headroom that the boost before them causes distortion it won't matter. If you're keeping one mono you could put the boost after that, so it's only the other one that matters.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• gatheredinsonggatheredinsong Frets: 652
    edited November 2020
    Thanks @ICBM ;

Ah, ok. Pedalboard space will probably dictate keeping one mono then. Otherwise I would need something like the Xotic effects stereo x blender, or similar? Is that the kind of thing you mean? If anyone knows of good alternatives that don't take up a load of real estate, please let me know.

I'll have to experiment when the amp arrives to determine if it's really worth the financial outlay of going that route, combined with losing a pedal to make space. 

The other thing is the cables from the pedal used in stereo going back to the amp? - regular instrument cables? (please excuse my naivety!) 
  • gatheredinsonggatheredinsong Frets: 652
    edited January 2021
    Apologies for resurrecting this thread, but I stumbled upon this product at Bright Onion whilst looking for something else:
    https://www.brightonion.co.uk/stereo-ab-input-switch-v2/

It got me thinking again about possibly splitting the signal before these two pedals with a buffer/splitter such as the MXR MC406 (seen one secondhand) which would allow me to run a buffered signal through the Leslie and potentially an unbuffered signal through the Tri-Avatar Chorus (or indeed a buffered signal to both if it sounds better) 

Please can I ask two questions of someone who isn't as ignorant as me about such matters? 

1. Would this set-up work or should I be aware of any issues?

2. Is the switch on the Bright Onion product necessary or could I get one built without a switch and blend these two signals back together at this point, before sending back to the amp? (I won't be using both pedals together and this would allow me to place it under the pedalboard and also simplify stomping. I don't need to 'flip flop' between the two sounds)

Thanks in advance!