Ray Clemence gone too.

What's Hot
DodgeDodge Frets: 1435
edited November 2020 in Tributes

Comments

• DB1DB1 Frets: 5025
    Great goalkeeper. In later years I used used to see him fairly regularly at St Andrews (Birmingham City) sitting in front of us, at the time his son Stephen used to play for Blues.

RIP Ray.
    Call me Dave.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11292
    RIP. A great keeper. 

When he came to Spurs his distribution was in a different class to what we had seen in the years since Pat Jennings left (although to be fair a static traffic cone was an improvement on  big Pat's successors, Barry Daines and Mark Kendall). No faffing about, the ball went straight to a teammate in space. 

The way he commanded the defence was top-rate, too. 
  • rze99rze99 Frets: 2283
    Shoot. He was my goalkeeping hero when I played in goal over my school years. He was the best. 
  • England Football team were once spoiled for Keepers. Shilton as #1 and then someone as great as Clemence as a Sub.
    Only a Fool Would Say That.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • As a Spurs fan of a certain age, Clemence was my goalkeeper....  Jennings is a legend, and I like a number of successors but Clemence was the fella I grew up with in "THAT" kit..
    My trading feedback

is it crazy how saying sentences backwards creates backwards sentences saying how crazy it is?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28335
    One of the few players I'd heard of before I was into football. A pretty impressive list of honours:

He is one of only 29 players to have made over 1,000 career appearances, Winning three European Cups, five League titles, two UEFA Cups, a UEFA Super Cup, an FA Cup and a League Cup with Liverpool.
  • usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3842
    Great goalkeeper!
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.