SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD/TRADED 2003 Santa Cruz OM

What's Hot
WoodandwiresWoodandwires Frets: 195
edited December 2020 in Acoustics £
Hi All,

I recently (very recently) bought this off Fred @danishbacon , this was going to be my forever guitar. However, i have had Carpel Tunnel Syndrome in both hands for some time, it was getting better, although I had had Cortizone injections. Now because i was playing more, it got much worse, to the extent  that I now have to go for an operation on both wrists and I dont know how it will be after! So sadly this stunning sounding and looking guitar is now back up for sale! I am looking to get what I paid and I hope Fred does not mind but i have used some of his excellent original ad and photos. Now back up for sale, in used condition some lacquer bubbling marks on the treble side of the neck, another very feint mark on the heel but in keeping with a seventeen year old guitar that’s been played. Check out the photos, additional photos on request

A new OM will set you back $7,000 + a few months wait via TNAG or around £6k+ landed here. I know guitar guitar have a few around at that price but they're mostly more customised variants and not the 'Standard' OM which is, by some reports, the best interpretation of an OM guitar to come out of America. . 

It's currently set up with Newtone Heritage 12s with action at 2.75mm on bass at 12th and 2mm on treble at 12th

£2750 Firm, or trade for CS Strat/Tele/SG/Les Paul Jnr or similar with cash either way

OM
NECKPegheadOM solid
Peghead bindingI/B/I (.060)
Overlay materialebony
Headstock inlaySCGC
Width at nut1-3/4"
BODYWood typerosewood
Back stripezig-zag
Bindingivoroid
Size variationnone
FINISHTopclear
Back & sidesclear
Neckclear/flat
FINGERBOARDSide dotsstandard (black)
Inlaydots
<Width at 14th fret2-3/16"
Binding typeI/B/I (.060)
Scale length25.375
TOPWood typeSitka spruce
Rosetteherringbone
Purflingherringbone
Bracing/voicingscalloped
SETUPPickguardtortoise
Stringsmedium
Actionmedium/low
Tuners/gearsWaverly 4060
Pickupoptional

scgc-02-9173 scgc-01-9172 scgc-03-9174 scgc-04-9181 scgc-05-9176 scgc-06-9177 scgc-07-9178 scgc-08-9179
1reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Oh god. It’s back to taunt me. This looks cracking! Good luck with your sale
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Sorry to hear about the hand complications, Paul. Hope the operation goes well and that you are able to play in the future :( 

The Santa Cruz is hands down the best acoustic I ever played, whoever might have considered it before, maybe now is the time...

• AlbertCAlbertC Frets: 931
    Dare I ask whereabouts you are located?
  • Hi Forest of Dean, Gloucestershire but can travel to meet subject to Civic regulations.
  • AlbertCAlbertC Frets: 931
    Woodandwires said:
    Hi Forest of Dean, Gloucestershire but can travel to meet subject to Civic regulations.
    Thanks, a little bit of a trek. Let me think about it. 
    Is this 2018?  
  • PM sent - pending the answeres to a couple small questions I will take this one.
  • HattigolHattigol Frets: 8188
    brianlcox said:
    PM sent - pending the answeres to a couple small questions I will take this one.
    Getting 'D-Ream' back together, Brian?
    "Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Hattigol said:
    brianlcox said:
    PM sent - pending the answeres to a couple small questions I will take this one.
    Not quite sure I follow...?

I did buy this guitar though ;)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • sijos1sijos1 Frets: 18
    You won’t be sorry Brian. I have just picked up an OM/PW and a Brad Paisley D/PW. They are amazing. 
  • Now sold
  • VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15482
    Now sold
    thank goodness, I was starting to weaken.

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

brianlcox said:
    Hattigol said:
    brianlcox said:
    Not quite sure I follow...?

I did buy this guitar though ;)
    Even my wife got that joke!
    Enjoy  =)
    "Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Benm39Benm39 Frets: 702
    It's a beauty,  enjoy!
  • tomjaxtomjax Frets: 74
    Arrrgh! Can't believe I missed this guitar a second time around... One lucky new owner, enjoy! 
  • Back up for sale bump
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Huh?
  • Paul and I had a misunderstanding about his description of the guitar and we agreed that it was best that I return the guitar. I played the guitar for about a week and think that it will make someone very happy, though it wasn't for me.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Bump
  • Now withdrawn, I am keeping it.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • camfcamf Frets: 1191
    It’s a lovely guitar. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom