Any books specifically dedicated to the Gibson Norlin era?

What's Hot
^
'Vot eva happened to the Transylvanian Tvist?'
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 18730
    International House of Pancakes Pop Art Vintage Match Book
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • 'Vot eva happened to the Transylvanian Tvist?'
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72311

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Ok... maybe I deserve this...
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 18730
    Nah, Norlin era is just too easy to take casual, broad brush pot shots at  (who, me?? No, never!).
    I love my late 70's 'The Paul's'  flaws & all, & I doubt that anyone could seriously complain about Les Paul's with sturdy, non breaking necks?
    As for definitive books, I can't help, but good luck with your search.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Me too - I like a lot of Norlin Gibsons, both the maple-neck Les Pauls and many of the more non-traditional models. They certainly have faults, but I’d usually rather have one than a similar modern Gibson - even given some of the slightly optimistic prices that seem to be asked now.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• I honestly prefer a maple neck LP and mid-70’s SG standards are the only ones I’ve ever really liked. There’s a book waiting to be written there folks...
  • A book waiting to be written. I look forward to the chapter about the L6-S.
    I honestly prefer a maple neck LP and mid-70’s SG standards are the only ones I’ve ever really liked. There’s a book waiting to be written there folks...
    Litterick said:
    A book waiting to be written. I look forward to the chapter about the L6-S.
    If someone will supply me with the necessary guitars... :)

I like the L6-S a lot too, and The Paul - and the Marauder, although they often have quality issues.

I also like the mid-70s SGs with the neck set in slightly more deeply - they’re stronger, balance better and don’t have the ‘too far to the left’ problem as much, but I have to admit they don’t quite look right compared to the original design.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom