PSA - BBC Wales studio auction

What's Hot
thermionicthermionic Frets: 9583
edited November 2020 in Studio & Recording
A friend notified me to this auction of stuff that the BBC are getting rid of as they vacate the old Llandaf studio. Interesting to see what equipment the professionals used if nothing else.

https://www.ppauctions.com/auction/306/bbc-wales-3-day-sale
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• StuckfastStuckfast Frets: 2410
    I've watched a couple of these BBC auctions before. Anything vaguely desirable fetches high prices and is usually knackered to start with because it's been in daily use for 40 years. IMO the bargains tend to be on things like furniture, cables and so on (or maybe on old video gear but I have no clue about that).
  • That’s exactly what I thought. Bids are already high on bog-standard microphones and speakers, most of which look well-used to say the least. I think a lot of people like to have a piece of BBC history. If you can transport it, you could get a massive studio desk cheap. Plenty of minidisc recorders though!
  • And sofas. Lots and lots of sofas. 
  • goldtopgoldtop Frets: 6143
    Some Genelecs there, but I suppose they'd be a bit of a gamble.
  • mike257mike257 Frets: 374
    Like most of these auction sites, those prices are ex VAT. There's also a buyer's premium payable to the auction house, this one is 15.5% + VAT. 

Basically, add 38% to the price you see on the listing! Don't look like such bargains with that taken in to account!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom