SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SORTED - WTB - Case to fit 00-21 Martin

marlinmanmarlinman Frets: 4
edited November 2020 in Acoustics £
Looking for a good quality hard case to fit my 70’s Martin 00-21. 

All makes considered but would prefer something befitting the guitar its needed for.

cheers
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• pjfpjf Frets: 330
    I have a spare Hiscox for a 00 which should fit, but won't be back in the country until the beginning of December.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I have a Hiscox Pro II in Ivory, brand new that fits this guitar. Let me know if you're interested. I'm in London but have the guitar box for postage. 
  • I have a 00-15. I checked with Hiscox direct and the Ideal case for this 00 instrument is the Hiscox Pro II; the case model is: PRO-GCL-M Hiscox Case

If the OP isn't interested in one or other of the cases offered here so far, I might well be. Please contact me once Marlinman has responded.
  • marlinmanmarlinman Frets: 4
    edited November 2020
    Thanks for the feedback,

Fatboyslim - sorry but Ivory is not my thing.

pjf - if you could let me have details of which model case it is, price, condition etc when you are back I’d appreciate it.

Was hoping to find a more trad Martin TKL or Geib case but I have had Hiscox before on a Brook I once owned and it always felt pretty sturdy so that may do the job.

Should have said by the way to avoid doubt the 00-21 I have is a 12 fret slothead, which has the longer body so doesn’t fit many small 14 fret cases. 
    marlinman said:
    Thanks for the feedback,

Fatboyslim - sorry but Ivory is not my thing.

pjf - if you could let me have details of which model case it is, price, condition etc when you are back I’d appreciate it.

Was hoping to find a more trad Martin TKL or Geib case but I have had Hiscox before on a Brook I once owned and it always felt pretty sturdy so that may do the job.

Should have said by the way to avoid doubt the 00-21 I have is a 12 fret slothead, which has the longer body so doesn’t fit many small 14 fret cases. 
    @marlinman Funny, I think the ivory ones look class! Wasn't aware they came in any colour other than black.

Anyway, I dug out the old sales thread for my case. (I bought it here but then sold the guitar I was buying it for!). The thread includes photos of the case as well as dimensions: https://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/175322/sold-hiscox-classical-guitar-case#latest ;

The dimensions seem to match a 12 fret slothead, have a look here: https://www.maurysmusic.com/martin_by_body_size

Only problem may be extra space around the upper bout, but you can find Hiscox "hi-pad" inserts for a couple of quid from Thomann. 

Would go with a Hiscox over the TKL/Geib ones any day of the week, personally. Not just because I have a spare one to sell! I'll be in Lincolnshire when I'm back so depending on whereabouts you are and urgency (I will have to quarantine on arrival) we could meet up to check it fits. 
  • Cheers for info pjf, think I am going to have to pass on this as it looks from the pics on the link to be a standard spec Hiscox and if I was going to go with a Hiscox I would want one of the higher Pro ll or Artist spec cases.

Thanks anyway
    No worries! It probably is the standard version.
  • marlinman said:

All makes considered but would prefer something befitting the guitar its needed for.
    Have you thought about contacting a Martin dealer like Coda Music to see if they can get you the proper case from Martin? Presumably that way you’d get the right size to fit and something befitting the guitar, even though it may cost you a few more quid. Just a thought.
    250+ positive trading feedbacks: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57830/
  • marlinman said:

Have you thought about contacting a Martin dealer like Coda Music to see if they can get you the proper case from Martin? Presumably that way you’d get the right size to fit and something befitting the guitar, even though it may cost you a few more quid. Just a thought.
    Yep I thought about that but an enquiry with one or two different shops was met with crazy prices. Unfortunatley we don’t have an equivalent of Elderly Bros in the UK, they have a massive range of cases at sensible money but by the time you add in shipping from the States and import duties it become non-viable.  So looks like it is keep on waiting for the right case to come up somewhere secondhand or just settle for a Hiscox Pro 2 medium classical which I know fits the guitar well.   

• Slightly 'swap-shop' idea here but were I to buy FatboyLim's Ivory Hiscox case would you be interested in the TKL Martin case whcih came with my 00-15? It's in excellent but not mint condition, based on the serial number on the guitar it dates from 1999.

Woohoo! I own a 'vintage' Martin (if you think 20 years qualifies as 'vintage' - which I am somewhat sceptical about...)
  • Slightly 'swap-shop' idea here but were I to buy FatboyLim's Ivory Hiscox case would you be interested in the TKL Martin case whcih came with my 00-15? It's in excellent but not mint condition, based on the serial number on the guitar it dates from 1999.

Woohoo! I own a 'vintage' Martin (if you think 20 years qualifies as 'vintage' - which I am somewhat sceptical about...)
    Sorry no longer in the market for a case as I managed to score a great deal on a new Hiscox LA-GCL-M Artist case this afternoon so looking forward to its arrival. 
  • marlinman said:
    Slightly 'swap-shop' idea here but were I to buy FatboyLim's Ivory Hiscox case would you be interested in the TKL Martin case whcih came with my 00-15? It's in excellent but not mint condition, based on the serial number on the guitar it dates from 1999.

Sorry no longer in the market for a case as I managed to score a great deal on a new Hiscox LA-GCL-M Artist case this afternoon so looking forward to its arrival. 
    Nice one. How much did that case cost and where from, if it’s not a rude question?  :)
    250+ positive trading feedbacks: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57830/