Ibanez SRMS800 - fanfret

What's Hot
MagnumMagnum Frets: 0
Bought this for under 400 quid.  It is unbelievable value for money.  Ultra thin neck, fast, Bartolini pick ups.........first time with fan frets, so comfortable.  It almost out performs my Sandbergs, that is on first play.  Value for money is quite spectacular......

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14405
    This thread needs pics.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Soon, need to get a simpler way to load up on this site.........this copy URL is very old, cumbersome and awkward to manage
  • prlgmnrprlgmnr Frets: 3971
    I've got Ebay and Reverb watchlists stocked up with 5 string basses in the 800-1200 pound sort of range at the moment - maybe the five string version of one of these would be a better use of my money given that I'm a guitarist first, drummer second and bassist a distant third. Actually I might even be more of a saxophonist than I am a bassist, though I've not played sax for about 5 years.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I would urge you to have a play on an Ibanez like I purchased.  Amazing sound, tone, fast neck, etc.  Your budget is good enough to get a MM Stingray, etc but depends on your taste.  Also fanfret (to me) just seemed so natural. Regarding sax...I'm also a player who hasn't played for five years!  I only have one left now- Martin Master Typewriter 1937 build I think.  In perfect condition.  Yamaha have just released an electronic sax YDS 150 I think.........
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14405
    Magnum said:
    this "copy URL" is very old, cumbersome and awkward to manage
    Like it says at the bottom of every forum page, Base theme by DesignModo, ported to Vanilla by Chris Ireland, modified by the "theFB" team

Magnum said:
    It almost out performs my Sandbergs, that is on first play. 
    Ah, the honeymoon period.  

This will eventually wear off. After that, the Ibanez will prove its usefulness amongst your instrument collection. Enjoy.

You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I think it will too.......
  • MagnumMagnum Frets: 0
    Have bought an Ibanez Axstar headless and a Jon Shuker headless with a graphite neck as well.  GAS is wild!!!