Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

-

What's Hot
eoinzyeoinzy Frets: 128
edited July 2022 in Guitar
-
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• MickeyjiMickeyji Frets: 108
    I have the Plini and Cory Wong plugins - pretty much state of the art as plugins go. Get them at that price!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Ha ha was keeping an eye out for their sale. Thanks man!
    Click here to see me butchering some classic solos!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I have the Cory Wong on trial currently, and liking it a lot. Will try this Plini one too now I like the price more.

• I mean, yes, the Cory Wong plugin is a given but £45 for the Darkglass plugin is a bit too good to pass up as well!
    "As with all things, some days you're the dinosaur, some days you're the monkey." Sporky
  • PonchoGregPonchoGreg Frets: 764
    edited November 2020
    Hmmm, does everyone get hit with extra tax in the checkout process with Neural DSP? The price stays a €59 for most of the checkout but on the final paypal step it adds an extra €12...

Not the end of the world, but not quite the "50% off €119" it appears to be either.

Is the price ex-VAT to start with?
  • duotoneduotone Frets: 983
    Hmmm, does everyone get hit with extra tax in the checkout process with Neural DSP? The price stays a €59 for most of the checkout but on the final paypal step it adds an extra €12...

Not the end of the world, but not quite the "50% off €119" it appears to be either.

@PonchoGreg ;

“Taxes and shipping calculated at checkout“ —> Yeah it looks like the price is ex-VAT

• Hmmm, does everyone get hit with extra tax in the checkout process with Neural DSP? The price stays a €59 for most of the checkout but on the final paypal step it adds an extra €12...

True, but the original price of €119 would also be subject to taxes too, would it not?
  • Nige458 said:

True, but the original price of €119 would also be subject to taxes too, would it not?
    Yeah totally! It's still 50% off, for great plugins.

It's just that the advertised price is actually a tad higher to start with
  • skunkwerxskunkwerx Frets: 6880
    I’ve not seen much to report on. 

I’m keeping my eyes out though. 
    So far its mostly b stock crap.. like most sales in the guitar world lol. 
    The only easy day, was yesterday...
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Not a Black Friday thing, but Mann's currently has some good prices on Teles if anyone's looking: AO '60s Thinlines and a '70s Custom at £1199, and butterscotch TV Jones Cabronitas at £1172.

Considered a Cabronita myself as I'd quite like something with Filtertrons, but I know I'd wish it had a front contour and that I'd miss a tone knob sooner or later.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Just bought Neural DSP Archetype Cory per OP's shoutout.  Brilliant plugin - nothing wrong with it.
    The Future is simply time waiting to become History.
  • PonchoGregPonchoGreg Frets: 764
    edited November 2020
    Just bought Neural DSP Archetype Cory per OP's shoutout.  Brilliant plugin - nothing wrong with it.

It's very good isn't it (just grabbed it too after using the demo when it came out). And I'm not a metalhead at all but the Nolly and Plini plugins are also great for hairier tones.

I think I would still rate S-Gear 2 slightly above for slight breakup tones (although I need to spend more time with the Wong plugin), but Neural DSP are immense for glassy cleans, effects and high-gain. The user interface is also by far the best of any plugin I've tried.
  • AlbertCAlbertC Frets: 932
    Native Instruments Cyber Sale has started -

https://www.native-instruments.com/en/
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11295
    I missed out on getting D'Addario strings for a good price a few weeks back, I hope there are some good deals on their way.
  • IamnobodyIamnobody Frets: 6905
    barnstorm said:
    Not a Black Friday thing, but Mann's currently has some good prices on Teles if anyone's looking: AO '60s Thinlines and a '70s Custom at £1199, and butterscotch TV Jones Cabronitas at £1172.

Considered a Cabronita myself as I'd quite like something with Filtertrons, but I know I'd wish it had a front contour and that I'd miss a tone knob sooner or later.
    That’s a great price on the thinlines which are £1500 + everywhere else.

I’d like to try one but my MiM thinline has a U shaped neck and I think the 60s taper on these probably isn’t chunky enough for my liking.

That and I’m trying to offload guitars not buy more!
    Previously known as stevebrum
  • StefBStefB Frets: 2355
    edited November 2020
    GuitarGuitar have now predictably re-badged their perennial Clearance page as 'Black Friday Sale' with the odd new item added, but mainly filled with the usual stuff they can't sell - https://www.guitarguitar.co.uk/clearance/
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5419
    StefB said:
    GuitarGuitar have now predictably re-badged their perennial Clearance page as 'Black Friday Sale' with the odd new item added, but mainly filled with the usual stuff they can't sell - https://www.guitarguitar.co.uk/clearance/
    A few good deals on some oddball G&L models that definitely weren't on offer last week but otherwise yeah, mostly same as it ever was...
  • StefBStefB Frets: 2355
    edited November 2020
    Peach deals now live with some pretty good prices - https://www.peachguitars.com/black-friday-2020/

£3k off the already bargain priced Lynott P Bass now makes it a must have at £8,995.
    10reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 9715
    edited November 2020
    30% off Amazon Warehouse, some guitar stuff and mics etc might be of interest (says I who ordered a Warehouse B Stock mic from there yesterday :( )
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
  • skunkwerxskunkwerx Frets: 6880
    edited November 2020
    My favourite deal so far: 

So you can have the Ex demo one for £999 and thats great because it was £1,334.40 (never street though). 

OR 

You can have a brand new one for £100 less @ £899.. because that one retailed (never) at £1,112... 

The only easy day, was yesterday...
    5reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom