Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Comments

• I’ve been looking at a few things on Amazon over the last 3 months and took screen shots .
    They are fooked now for breaking selling laws.
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • LPManicLPManic Frets: 1084
    edited November 2020
    I got the 6 disc White Album reissue from 2018 for €73 from Amazon. It’s been hovering around the €130-€140 mark since release.

EDIT to say it’s back up to €149.99 now. Hope Amazon honour it!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5405
    Just ordered a six month sub to Guitar magazine for £11.99...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • skikdi53skikdi53 Frets: 198
    edited November 2020
    @Whitecat , have you a link and voucher code?
    skikdi53 said:
    https://magazines.bandlabtechnologies.com/all-products/guitar-magazine.htm?promo=GMEMBF20 - code should be auto-populated. 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • skikdi53skikdi53 Frets: 198
    Whitecat said:
    skikdi53 said:
    https://magazines.bandlabtechnologies.com/all-products/guitar-magazine.htm?promo=GMEMBF20 - code should be auto-populated. 
    Thanks
  • duotoneduotone Frets: 982
    duotone said:
    Alex2678 said:
    duotone said:

What did you specifically want to learn/improve?

I wanna be able to fly around the fretboard and impress my friends but I don’t know how  :)

I don’t know really I just like flicking through stuff and adding different things to the repertoire 
    I think you will find Truefire to be a good resource, it covers a lot of ground. 
    what do you get and not get?
    is it streamed tuition but not the tab? how does it work?
    @ToneControl ;
    You basically pay for access to a course of videos (between $5-$40). $5 is typically for the older courses & $40 is for the newest ones. The TAB/notation plays along underneath the video of the person playing & you can also download the pdf TAB/notation.

It’s free to sign up (without needing your credit card details) and you get 1 months unlimited ‘access all areas‘ to watch any of the videos. I would recommend trying this.

With the Black Friday deal you basically get the unlimited ‘access all areas‘ for 1 year for $99. 
  • WeZ84WeZ84 Frets: 165
    I noticed that guitar pro has 20% off until 1st December too. 

• ToneControlToneControl Frets: 11884

duotone said:
    Yearly membership for $99. This is the lowest price I’ve seen it for, usually drops from $249 to $149 to $99 a few times throughout the year. If your interested use the code below once you have added it to your basket, to activate the discount.
    BLITZ99
    @duotone thanks for that...purchased
    Excellent thanks, I hope it's as good as it looks

if any of you others use this link I get some rewards apparently:
    https://truefire.com/ignite/?code=drtonecontrol

• Mudcrutch said:
    I’ve been looking at a few things on Amazon over the last 3 months and took screen shots .
    They are fooked now for breaking selling laws.
    What have they done and what action are going to take?
  • thegummythegummy Frets: 4389
    Just a warning - had a browse at guitar guitar's black Friday section and it's a con - the "before" prices are complete lies.

Not sure if the "sale" price is on a tiny bit less than the true before price or if it's even any lower at all but as a regular browser, the prices are at least roughly the same as always.

They're claiming a Vintera "was" over a grand!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • LPManicLPManic Frets: 1084
    All the guitar "sales" are complete shite. Some UK shop had a 60s thin line down to £1100 or so. But haven't seen anything else. Pile of pish as we would say back in the homeland.
  • skunkwerxskunkwerx Frets: 6870
    thegummy said:
    Just a warning - had a browse at guitar guitar's black Friday section and it's a con - the "before" prices are complete lies.

Not sure if the "sale" price is on a tiny bit less than the true before price or if it's even any lower at all but as a regular browser, the prices are at least roughly the same as always.

They're claiming a Vintera "was" over a grand!
    Pretty much how I find it. They post the guitars RRP as the before price which they may have sold at for a day on very first release.. but never actually sold at! 

That and most of whats in there has been discounted all year, its just labelled black friday now. 
    The only easy day, was yesterday...
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11446
    Amazon are the same.  There was something that I bought in the last Prime Day sale that claimed to be 20% off.  It was actually about 8 or 10% off.

Someone needs to start screenshotting prices in the run up to these events and report them to Trading Standards.
  • crunchman said:
    Amazon are the same.  There was something that I bought in the last Prime Day sale that claimed to be 20% off.  It was actually about 8 or 10% off.

Someone needs to start screenshotting prices in the run up to these events and report them to Trading Standards.
    Use camelcamel or something alike
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
    That's how Guitarguitar always operates, Black Friday or not. The "was" is always full RRP even though they never had it at that price for even one second.

There were a couple genuinely ok offers in the GG stuff - ie, priced lower than anywhere - but they are mostly gone.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • skunkwerxskunkwerx Frets: 6870
    Its certainly a misleading tactic for the unsavvy. 
    Im not sure what the laws are around it though.
    The only easy day, was yesterday...
    skunkwerx said:
    Its certainly a misleading tactic for the unsavvy. 
    Im not sure what the laws are around it though.
    It's absolutely illegal. But Trading Standards is one of the most underresourced agencies in the land, so the odds of getting them to actually do anything about it are probably approaching zero on a time curve.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • duotoneduotone Frets: 982

duotone said:
    Yearly membership for $99. This is the lowest price I’ve seen it for, usually drops from $249 to $149 to $99 a few times throughout the year. If your interested use the code below once you have added it to your basket, to activate the discount.
    BLITZ99
    @duotone thanks for that...purchased
    Excellent thanks, I hope it's as good as it looks

if any of you others use this link I get some rewards apparently:
    https://truefire.com/ignite/?code=drtonecontrol

Great @ToneControl ;
    Let me know what you think of it. 
  • All discounts and offers in the UK re: musical instruments are absolute garbage compared to the UK. Andertons won't even price match and lose a tenner (IME) so I go elsewhere.