Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Comments

• skunkwerxskunkwerx Frets: 6838
    All discounts and offers in the UK re: musical instruments are absolute garbage compared to the UK. Andertons won't even price match and lose a tenner (IME) so I go elsewhere. 
    Yeah theyre hit and miss. 

I cant remember the exact prices but several places been selling the Orange rocker 15 for around £500, andertons its more like £650 or something. 

Asked for a price match and they said they cant compete but would knock £50 off. 

£100 is way too much though to pay just for their service so I left it. 

I get it, if they bought the stock for x amount they dont want to lose money on it..  but the alternative is they’ve just sat on them for ages.. maybe waiting til its discontinued and out of stock everywhere else I guess. 
    The only easy day, was yesterday...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5378
    edited November 2020
    In normal times I think lots of dealers will price match even if reluctantly, but since the pandemic hit and sales have been up and stock availability scarce they have all pulled any official price match policies and simply won’t entertain the thought right now. 

If the economic downturn is as severe as they are suggesting then they may change their tune once supply chains are reliable again, but for now their reasoning is obviously “if you don’t buy it today someone else will tomorrow and I can't get another one of these anytime soon”.
  • 10% off @ PMT... 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • LPManicLPManic Frets: 1068
    Shipwreck said:
    10% off @ PMT... 
    which is not bad if there is something there that you might have your eye on...
  • LPManic said:
    Shipwreck said:
    10% off @ PMT... 
    I was absolutely excited, but then disappointed by the over £149 only. Sale lost. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • LPManic said:
    Shipwreck said:
    10% off @ PMT... 

Really tempted to order a Martin D-18. Or keep it a bit more wallet friendly and opt for the D12E.
  • ShipwreckShipwreck Frets: 60
    edited November 2020
    Apologies mate - in haste I might have jumped the gun. Still some bargains to be had but yes does appear to selective (admittedly an amp and cheap guitar I had my eyes on are eligible...)

MGavRichList said:
    LPManic said:
    Shipwreck said:
    10% off @ PMT... 
    I was absolutely excited, but then disappointed by the over £149 only. Sale lost.
  • I always end up going for something different...non-music related etc...during Black Friday/the weekend. 
  • Jono111Jono111 Frets: 217
    At least PMT did not raise the prices before the sale (as far as I can tell anyway, the things I was looking at are 10% down on what they were a few months ago)
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 11812
    I always end up going for something different...non-music related etc...during Black Friday/the weekend. 
    I bought 3 pairs of Nike trainers.  I have been looking at getting a pair as far back as September so the discounts are real too!

• StefB said:
    StefB said:
    Peach deals now live with some pretty good prices - https://www.peachguitars.com/black-friday-2020/

£3k off the already bargain priced Lynott P Bass now makes it a must have at £8,995.
    Don't believe a word they tell you about such a deal
    You'll get a Bad Reputation with talk like that.
    thanks - good response - shall we end it there, or find more

Tonight Peach Guitars are having a sale... somewhere in this town
    Too much gain... is just about enough \m/

I'm probably the only member of this forum mentioned by name in Whiskey in the Jar ;)

• bluenilebluenile Frets: 47
    edited November 2020
    Jono111 said:
    At least PMT did not raise the prices before the sale (as far as I can tell anyway, the things I was looking at are 10% down on what they were a few months ago)
    The G&L I was eyeing up did, now more expensive even with discount Not by much mind you, but it's quite a disingenuous practice imo for retailers to do this
  • StefBStefB Frets: 2331
    Some decent deals just announced by Guitar Village, particularly on new Eastman guitars - https://guitarvillage.co.uk/categories/guitars/special-offers/Black Friday Deals?order-by=price_desc
  • LPManicLPManic Frets: 1068
    Didn’t see much on the Guitar Village stuff. These Black Friday sales are not much cop.
  • Andertons is absolutely terrible. B Stock. Basically don't want to discount anything. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
    Andertons is absolutely terrible. B Stock. Basically don't want to discount anything. 
    Yup. They said it was going live at 18:00 but just checked and it doesnt say warm up no more.. so if thats it, its still just the bloody warm up line which was all b stock :/ wtf I dont think theres been any guitar related additions! 
  • chris78chris78 Frets: 9166
    I’m going to give Peach a shout out. They’ve got some decent discounts- a squier Cabronita paranormal at £249 for example and some serious money off their high end. They haven’t inflated prices before and you can still buy on buy now pay later
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
    chris78 said:
    I’m going to give Peach a shout out. They’ve got some decent discounts- a squier Cabronita paranormal at £249 for example and some serious money off their high end. They haven’t inflated prices before and you can still buy on buy now pay later
    I second this. Its deffo the best o the bunch. 
  • WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5378
    Peach is awesome. Genuine offers and honest trading. 

If history is anything to go by Coda will likely put up a sale tonight or tomorrow too that is just genuine price slashing on what they want to shift rather than inflated-then-discounted or just damaged stock. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • StefBStefB Frets: 2331
    edited November 2020
    Whitecat said:
    Peach is awesome. Genuine offers and honest trading. 

If history is anything to go by Coda will likely put up a sale tonight or tomorrow too that is just genuine price slashing on what they want to shift rather than inflated-then-discounted or just damaged stock. 
    I was wondering about that too, not a peep from Coda yet, unless I've missed it on social media or they aren't participating.

Or Rich Tone, radio silence.