SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS: Monty’s Chromeo SOLD, PRS SAS NOW SOLD

bubblecarbubblecar Frets: 62
edited December 2020 in Guitars £
Hi all, 

"Chromeo"

Assembled and fettled by the guys at Monty's (https://www.montysguitars.com/) purchased directly by me from Mr Monty himself, Matt Gleeson.

The body is a custom cut US swamp ash T style by USA Customs, it has a chrome finish sprayed here in the UK. The neck is also by USA Customs, it has a 12’’ fingerboard radius which is fretted with Jescar Evo Gold fretwire and an unbleached bone nut. The pickups are Monty’s GT-500 set with a full Monty Strat in the middle position. 

(There is a coil tap on the tone control to open up a secondary selection of tonal possibilities beyond the standard five-way selector switch.) 

A treble bleed matrix has been added to keep all things bright and beautiful when the volume is rolled off. The electronic guts are made from CTS, CRL and Switchcraft components which are all topped off with a new old stock Russian capacitor for that sweet soviet era tone sweep. (The active battery box is now defunct, but could be used to make active again if that's your thing.)

The hardware and tuners are Gotoh and Monty’s neck bolt kit has been installed for a tighter contact between the neck and body, thus increasing sustain and tone according to those in the know. This guitar has been gigged and does show some minor signs of wear and tear. It comes in a Hiscox case.

Asking £500.

0reaction image LOL 7reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• RevMattRevMatt Frets: 829
    How cool is that Tele? And Monty's stuff is great.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DB1DB1 Frets: 5024
    A couple of lovely guitars right there. And you can deal with @bubblecar with complete confidence. He's one of the good guys.
    Call me Dave.
  • DB1 said:
    A couple of lovely guitars right there. And you can deal with @bubblecar with complete confidence. He's one of the good guys.
    Aw shucks DB you'll make me blush, thank you for the endorsement sir. 

• Sorely tempted by that Tele it’s lovely 
    Cant, promised Mrs I would downsize 
  • That Tele is amazing!  =)
  • RevMatt said:
    How cool is that Tele? And Monty's stuff is great.
    It is, I've got a set of PAF's, loom and switch on order for the Lester. I don't profess to understand how but I do love the end result with Monty's products and Matt is a good human being to boot.
  • bad_alicebad_alice Frets: 252
    edited November 2020
    The Tele looks lovely but...the last pic appears to show a rather long crack down the back of the neck. Is that the case or are my eyes playing tricks on me?
    Easily distracted and...oooh, look! A guitar!"
    My Trading Feedback can be found here: https://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/62765/bad-alice/p1
  • bubblecarbubblecar Frets: 62
    edited November 2020
    bad_alice said:
    The Tele looks lovely but...the last pic appears to show a rather long crack down the back of the neck. Is that the case or are my eyes playing tricks on me?
    Yes that’s correct, under the finish there is a hairline crack. It was there when I bought it, it was there back when Matt used it for the Audio Kitchen demos before the refin (there’s £350-£400 of pickups and electronics in there).

Not trying to pull the wool over anyone’s eyes, I was going to discuss it with anyone that showed any interest, doesn’t phase me in the slightest, partly because I know Matt, partly because it’s just a cool thing. 

• bubblecarbubblecar Frets: 62
    edited November 2020
    Trades considered, anything interesting. No pedals needed, Krautster, Junior, something with P90’s would be lovely (cash adjustment if needed) as would a combo such as Carr, D13. 
  • Bump
  • Bump with further price drop.
  • PRS SAS SOLD
  • Edited to remove the PRS Swamp Ash Special as it is now sold and en route to its new home.
  • You are not allowed to remove sold listings. It's a requirement of the forum that you leave details up for future reference.
  • You are not allowed to remove sold listings. It's a requirement of the forum that you leave details up for future reference.
    Ah my bad, I thought I'd clean the post up!
  • RolandRoland Frets: 8592
    Un-deleted content:

br>1998 PRS Swamp Ash Special -

Disclosure first; amazing condition apart from two small patches of lacquer either side of the headstock where a previous owner had it hanging in a non lacquer friendly hanger. Out of interest I contacted PRS UK about a reshoot earlier this year, they quoted around £250-£300 to reshoot the entire neck, I didn't think it was worth it at the time as it doesn't bother me greatly. Also the case isn't in amazing condition but it's functional and structurally sound. I have all the case candy and hang tags. 

Aside from this I can't find another mark on the guitar. Right now that's out of the way, am really in two minds about this, I'll let the pictures do the talking. 

I find it difficult to price this one, I've seen £2,300 on Reverb/London dealers, I've seen £1,500 asked historically for far worse condition. £1720 Now £1600 £1450

Neck is wide fat, pickups are McCarty pickups with with a Seymour Duncan vintage rails center pickup, coil split provides for probably the most versatile guitar in my arsenal.

Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
  • K33EUK33EU Frets: 6
    Oooh love that tele if its still for sale?
  • K33EU said:
    Oooh love that tele if its still for sale?
    Still available 
  • K33EUK33EU Frets: 6
    Well i'm interested but not sure how to take this forward. Sorry i'm a newbie to buying on here. Do we open up a separate discussion or chat the finer details on here? 
  • Chromeo now on hold for a right honourable member.