SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Sold: Tanglewood Winterleaf TW Mini Koa Electro Acoustic

DB1DB1 Frets: 5025
edited December 2020 in Acoustics £

I've always had a strange relationship with acoustic guitars.  They've never quite suited me, and I've never quite suited them. It started, I suppose, when I was about eleven, and first learned to strum a few chords. Every day, I'd be made to sit in the front room,  just me and my Aunt Judy, and I'd be made to  practice for an hour, learning the chords to 'Home on the Range', 'Sloop John B' and a few other rudimentary songs. Every day I'd sit there, not moving, playing until my fingers were sore.

I suppose it put me off a bit really, me just sitting there on my stool, Aunt Judy always there, never moving.

Mind you, there was some weight in that urn.

Anyway, I happened upon a cheap, but nice acoustic, a few weeks ago - it's the Tanglewood described above, with padded gigbag to match the walls of my cell. I couldn't resist it because it was being played by a chap that's done some work on a couple of guitars for me - Trev Jones, who was Gordon Giltrap's tech (and, perhaps bizarrely, Judas Priest's) among others, chief tech for Barnes and Mullins,  written the book 'Basic Guitar Set up, etc. Anyway, he was sent a batch of these, and decided to keep this one. I thought it played it beautifully, which it does, because he's set it up very well. Course, as any fule kno, a good set up can make a decent cheap guitar into a good one, which this has.

It's a bit small for me though, and although I'm tempted to keep it as a couch guitar, I've pledged to sell a few. I paid £350 for it about three weeks ago, as it was almost new, but £249 if you want it. I'm sure you could get it cheaper somewhere else, but it really is almost new and it's set up by an absolute gem of a tech.

I don't know about posting, because I haven't got a box, but I'm sure we can work something out. PM me if it's of interest, and if it isn't, you don't have to, obviously. 

Call me Dave.
2reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• DB1DB1 Frets: 5025
    Right - with all the Tanglewood   <3   lurv    <3   being shown on the acoustics forum, I'll have a go at this again.

And this time........ I'm happy to post it. :#
    Call me Dave.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Pm"d 

previously 'retsacotarts' on music radar forum
    This little honey is still available for the moment. Pleasure to chat with @GJK1959 though. 
    Call me Dave.
    Go on, just a quickie. Treat yourself for Christmas - or just treat yourself. Free kiss with every order.  <3

That should see it flying out of the door.
    Call me Dave.
    Sold via eBay. My offer of a free kiss obviously didn't work, but luckily a large amateur wrestler from Rotherham felt differently.
    Insists on delivery though...
    Call me Dave.