Don't you just hate losing stuff around the house ....

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• Emp_Fab said:
    viz said:
    axisus said:
    Found the little bastard .....
    Where????!!!!
    Yeah.. WHERE ?????  You can't leave us hanging.  This is like all those infuriating threads you find when searching for the solution to a problem you're having with your computer and you find someone else has the exact same issue and has a thread going asking for help and they come back a few days later with "Thanks guys, but I've sorted it now." - with [gritted teeth] no explanation of the solution [/gritted teeth].
    When you going to tell us how you think it went at your job interview?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28285
    Emp_Fab said:
    viz said:
    axisus said:
    Where????!!!!
    Yeah.. WHERE ?????  You can't leave us hanging.  This is like all those infuriating threads you find when searching for the solution to a problem you're having with your computer and you find someone else has the exact same issue and has a thread going asking for help and they come back a few days later with "Thanks guys, but I've sorted it now." - with [gritted teeth] no explanation of the solution [/gritted teeth].
    It won't be the least bit interesting to say where it was?!?!?!?

Seriously, don't bother reading this ....

However, for anyone who has an interest in pointless details - our tiny utility room doubles as my music room. It's a crammed space with the wife's annoying machines (washing machine, tumble drier, dishwasher) as well as a ton of guitary bits and bobs, tools amp heads, cab to sit on etc. There is no room to swing a cat. Stuff everywhere, there bits of junk all over the limited tabletop. Anyway, I was wiring up some EMGs to a strat scratchplate, and as it was a bit complex and I was interested in other things at the time I put it up somewhere safe - high up at arms length on top of the cupboard, amongst loads of junk. What I hadn't realised was that I put the spare single coil up there out of the way as well. I never usually put things up there, it is out of sight, but I guess I didn't want the wiring damaged. See, I said it was boring!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12349
    My wife’s former husband had a paranoia about needing ready cash, so stashed £250 somewhere under a loose floorboard in the house about 20 years ago. We’ve searched high and low for it and despite finding a couple of likely places, we’ve never found it. The guy is long dead so we can’t even ask him. I’m presuming some plumber or sparky spotted it and has swiped it. 
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11289
    I lost my youth, can't find it anywhere, so I've had to get a second one.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24263
    Emp_Fab said:
    viz said:
    axisus said:
    Where????!!!!
    When you going to tell us how you think it went at your job interview?
    Which one ?  To date, I've had, I think, seven now.  All went very well, all of them subsequently told me I gave a great interview but there was someone else who had a slight edge on me in (insert specific technology or app).
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.
    Also chips are "Plant-based" no matter how you cook them.
  • I generally have two places in the house where I dump my everyday stuff, and don’t misplace things very often.

Which means when I do lose something, I am really frickin’ hacked off and get pretty mental about it.

And it is probably really boring like an insurance letter etc.

I lost my cat once...
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14412
    Basil Fawlty. Austin 1100. Branch.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • rogdrogd Frets: 1513
    slacker said:
    I've looked for my reading glasses and found them on my face.
    Its not just me then.
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16082
    The easiest thing to lose in my house is your Temper
  • jonnyburgojonnyburgo Frets: 12295
    I end up shouting at people in my house because they don't seem that bothered when I lose something. Usually it's something like a pen that's been behind my ear all the time or a screwdriver in my back pocket.
    "OUR TOSSPOT"
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16082
    Sunglasses on my head
  • GrunfeldGrunfeld Frets: 4038
    edited November 2020
    I've got form for misplacing my wallet but so far not permanently. 
    Since the last time, when my wallet spent over a week before I found it under the bed, I bought some of these Tile Trackers.
    It's a bluetooth thing that you attach to your wallet, or keys, or whatever, and if you lose it then hit the app on your phone and the tile will start beeping.  Range works around the house for sure.  If you lose your phone press the button on the Tile and your phone rings, even if you've set it to silent.
    The only con is that the bluetooth is a bit of a battery hog if you have it on all the time. Not an issue for me, I'd only turn it on if I needed to use the app.