The Sting - soundtrack

vizviz Frets: 10681
edited November 2020 in Music
I don’t know why but this piece - Solace - always brings tears to my eyes. I just absolutely love it. It’s painfully, yearningly beautiful. 

Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• yockyyocky Frets: 809
    edited November 2020
    It is quite something.

Do you seek it out for this characteristic? I pretty much avoid music like this otherwise I end up in a melancholic slump. Need to take a deep breath and face some sad music and films like a man.
  • JasonJason Frets: 1103
    tFB Trader
    I think this is the saddest song - a children's TV show!

The Guitar Show, Cranmore Park, Birmingham | Website | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter | Podcast
  • vizviz Frets: 10681
    That’s gorgeous!

yocky said:
    It is quite something.

Do you seek it out for this characteristic? I pretty much avoid music like this otherwise I end up in a melancholic slump. Need to take a deep breath and face some sad music and films like a man.

Was just listening to one of our Joplin rags records and was reminded how lovely this one was. This is the whole thing:

https://youtu.be/GOwachalNNw
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
  • FuengiFuengi Frets: 2849
    I've got The Sting soundtrack on vinyl but never really listened to it. I'll give that a clean and a spin. 
  • vizviz Frets: 10681
    edited November 2020
    Fuengi said:
    I've got The Sting soundtrack on vinyl but never really listened to it. I'll give that a clean and a spin. 
    The version on side 2 is lovelier, I think.

It sounds better uncleaned and crackly