SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

* sold pending * Gretsch 6129t players edition blue pearl £1350 ovno

What's Hot
skaguitarskaguitar Frets: 965
edited August 2021 in Guitars £
Putting my Gretsch up for sale as I’ve seen another guitar I want and it’s last in first out.

It’s a 6129t players edition in the blue pearl finish so a marmite guitar. Plays beautifully and the filtertrons sound great in all positions. String through bigsby so a lot easier for string changes.

Comes with hard case and all case candy and the guitar and case are in 9.5/10 condition...never been gigged and only been to a couple of practices.

pick up from Bedfordshire only or could meet within a reasonable distance when restrictions are lifted and no trades thanks

£1350 ovno 

Specifications

Body

• Model Name: Gretsch G6129T Players Edition Jet w/ Bigsby, Light Blue Pearl
  • Model Code: 2402812827
  • Series: Gretsch Professional Collection
  • Body Material: Mahogany
  • Body Finish: Gloss
  • Body Shape: Jet
  • Colour: Light Blue Pearl

Neck and Fingerboard

• Neck Material: Mahogany
  • Neck Finish: Gloss Urethane
  • Neck Shape: Standard "U"
  • Scale Length: 24.6''
  • Fingerboard Material: Rosewood
  • Fingerboard Radius: 12''
  • No. of Frets: 22
  • Fret Size: Medium Jumbo
  • Inlays: Pearloid Neo-Classic Thumbnail

Hardware and Electronics

• String Nut: GraphTech TUSQ XL
  • Nut Width: 1.6875''
  • Bridge Pickup: High Sensitive Filter'Tron
  • Neck Pickup: High Sensitive Filter'Tron
  • Controls: Volume 1 (Neck Pickup), Volume 2 (Bridge Pickup), Master Volume, Master Tone
  • Pickup Switching: 3-Position Toggle (Position 1: Bridge Pickup, Position 2: Bridge and Neck Pickups, Position 3: Neck Pickup)
  • Pickup Configuration: Filter'Tron/Filter'Tron
  • Bridge: Anchored Adjusto-Matic
  • Hardware Finish: Nickel
  • Tuning Machines: Gotoh Locking
  • Pickguard: Silver Plexi w/Silver Gretsch Logo
  • Control Knobs: G-Arrow

Now added...California Artist Guitars S type guitar....very well made uk built s type guitar with Bill Wiggins pick ups....rosewood fretboard two tone burst. Have a thermometer style hard case for it. I’ve decided les Paul’s and strats are not for me. Pictures to follow.

£600 pick up from Bedfordshire or can meet halfway SOLD 
  • “To play a wrong note is insignificant; to play without passion is inexcusable.”
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• “To play a wrong note is insignificant; to play without passion is inexcusable.”
    0reaction image LOL 7reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

0reaction image LOL 10reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • That is gorgeous! 
  • Fonusbak said:
    That is gorgeous! 
    Cheers ...I think so too but I have to be ruthless..!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • skaguitar said:
    Fonusbak said:
    That is gorgeous! 
    Cheers ...I think so too but I have to be ruthless..!
    I know that feeling. I intended to sell 4 recently...ended up trading 3 of them. Two of those were for Gretsches. Will keep my eye on this if the other one actually sells for cash money. 
  • Saturday bump ...make me an offer :)
  • All the best with ur sale 
  • All the best with ur sale 
  • Still here :)
  • skaguitarskaguitar Frets: 965
    edited December 2020
    Boxing Day bump and s type added ...

Trades added 

• Last bump before they go on evil bay... trades an option.... I know I said musicman Albert Lee or nice offset but try me...I’m easily tempted lol ;)
  • dazzajldazzajl Frets: 5732
    What are the pickups like on that S? On the vintage to hot scale. 
  • dazzajl said:
    What are the pickups like on that S? On the vintage to hot scale. 
    I wouldn’t say they were hot....more of a vintage vibe to them 
    Any interest in a trade for a Duoton Jag Jnr? Pictured tantalisingly here, next to my California Custom. Very similar, in as much as they're both very nice examples of small builder quality and feel.

• dazzajl said:
    Any interest in a trade for a Duoton Jag Jnr? Pictured tantalisingly here, next to my California Custom. Very similar, in as much as they're both very nice examples of small builder quality and feel.

I used to own that tele....it’s a great guitar...I have had an earlier message about the S type and I’m waiting for him to get back to me as he messaged first..but I’ll do a bit of research on the jag while I’m waiting :)
  • S type CAG sold pending usual

thanks
    skaguitar said:
    dazzajl said:

I used to own that tele....it’s a great guitar...I have had an earlier message about the S type and I’m waiting for him to get back to me as he messaged first..but I’ll do a bit of research on the jag while I’m waiting :)
    Such a small world eh. If the straty thing is at all like the Tele, someone should be very very happy with it indeed :)
  • dazzajl said:
    skaguitar said:
    dazzajl said:

Such a small world eh. If the straty thing is at all like the Tele, someone should be very very happy with it indeed :)
    CAG are excellent guitars...I still have two teles built by him which aren’t going anywhere...especially my gold top

sorry you missed out on the s type but the other guy had messaged me first.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    skaguitar said:

Saved me from myself. I had great desire but really no need at all  :3
  • RevMattRevMatt Frets: 833
    dazzajl said:
    skaguitar said:

Saved me from myself. I had great desire but really no need at all  :3
    Hi @dazzajl - I'll put my hand up to this - the CAG just looked so good I couldn't resist. However, I've used money that was actually earmarked for something else!!! So, you never know - it may be that this is back on the market at some point when the something else becomes available...