Reverb plugins : Help me find the one

What's Hot
Hello wise ones.

OK, I need a reverb for a very specific effect ... and none of mine go anywhere near a long enough reverb time.  I mean I'm looking for stupidly long and not even close to realistic.  20, 30 seconds + (don't know yet but the 12 second ceiling I've hit isn't doing it).

I know there must be some out there that do this, I mean there have to be right?  So do any of you know of something that might do the trick?

Not adverse to paying for it, but it would need to be my new "go to reverb" really if it's on the pricey side.  Otherwise it could be an expense gimmick that doesn't work.

Advice, most definitely, welcome!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• StuckfastStuckfast Frets: 2410
    Look for one with a Freeze function. I think some of the Exponential Audio ones do that and the new Liquidsonics Cinematic Rooms is superb.
  • Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 10397
    Try making  a bus on the reverb track and send some of that signal back into the reverb so it's effectively feeding it's self. But be careful of it latching into an uncontrollable noise. 
    You can also series reverb tracks so one feeds another 
    www.2020studios.co.uk 
  • Valhalla Supermassive is nice.... and free.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • BezzerBezzer Frets: 583
    @stuckfast ... yeah, it's not freeze I'm after though it's ... stupidly big. Will take a look at Exp Audio though, good shout.

@Danny1969 ... I did think about that but it didn't sound right.

@toescantalk I have that and yeah, it's amazing ... not big enough though.  As odd as that sounds.
  • Have you tried Valhalla Room? The decay can be set to 100s. I just tried it and the reverb is still noticeable after 30s.

It's not a competition.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • BezzerBezzer Frets: 583
    @stratnan3142 that sounds like just the ticket! Thanks!
  • Bezzer said:
    @stratnan3142 that sounds like just the ticket! Thanks!
    You could try the demo first. I believe the audio fades every 45s in the demo version, but that should be long enough to see if it works for you.
    It's not a competition.
  • ValhallaRoom gives you stupidly long tails!

Bye!

• Check out Valhalla VintageVerb and Eventide Blackhole (this goes on for months :) )
  • I forgot....Valhalla Supermassive....and it is FREE!
  • oafoaf Frets: 300
    edited November 2020

(Also the surround capablilities of this plugin are very nice.)
    BF sale on and a small British developer too. Recommended - give the demo a go (or send a link to your file and I can run it through my copy if you let me know what you want...)
  • duotoneduotone Frets: 982
    oaf said:

(Also the surround capablilities of this plugin are very nice.)
    BF sale on and a small British developer too. Recommended - give the demo a go (or send a link to your file and I can run it through my copy if you let me know what you want...)
    @oaf ;
    Do you know how this compares to Seventh Heaven?
    Seventh Heaven is primarily convolution based and is a straight up emulation of the Bricasti M7. Cinematic Rooms is mainly algorithmic and is its own thing. It's really, really good. 
    Stuckfast said:
    Seventh Heaven is primarily convolution based and is a straight up emulation of the Bricasti M7. Cinematic Rooms is mainly algorithmic and is its own thing. It's really, really good. 
    Cheers @Stuckfast ;
    Just realised Seventh Heaven is down from $69 to $49 
    FWIW I have both and use Cinematic Rooms much more.
    @duotone I've got Reverberate and Cinematic Rooms Pro but not Seventh Heaven, so not very familiar with it I'm afraid, but I think Stuckfast has pretty covered got it - 7thH is a Bricasti M7 in a plugin :) You can use a bunch of Bricasti IRs with Reverberate too though (which is also very good and cheaper I believe). IIRC I think that was why I didn't bother with 7thH. Cinematic Rooms Pro is very good indeed though and very "liquid" between the speakers in surround.

Verring off topic but one other thing that I liked was that when upgrading from Reverberate 2 to 3 recently I not only got a discount for owning v2 but I got money off for owning Cinematic Rooms Pro too (and they stacked). I think it's a very small setup but Matt at Liquidsonics seems to be very quick at responding to emails and helpful.

Someone else has already mentioned Exponential Audio; between EA and Liquidsonics I think you can cover an awful lot of ground.
    edited November 2020
    Appreciate the helpful reply @oaf ;;;;
    I had pretty much settled on Seventh Heaven with its simple interface, but must admit I haven’t looked into all the other options thoroughly. I will do now though. Ideally would like to get something during these Black Friday deals.

edit: Was wondering why I couldn’t get the Trial to work. I thought I was doing something wrong but thankfully I see that iLok Cloud activation doesn’t work. Looks like I need to get a physical iLok, something I’ve put off for ages.

4. Attempt to activate without an iLok

An iLok 2 or 3 is required. Host (computer only) or cloud activations are not supported.

Valhalla Supermassive is nice.... and free.
    Cheers @toescantalk ;
    Downloaded and trying this out now. 
  • HeartfeltdawnHeartfeltdawn Frets: 22107
    edited November 2020
    Bezzer said:
    Hello wise ones.

OK, I need a reverb for a very specific effect ... and none of mine go anywhere near a long enough reverb time.  I mean I'm looking for stupidly long and not even close to realistic.  20, 30 seconds + (don't know yet but the 12 second ceiling I've hit isn't doing it).

I know there must be some out there that do this, I mean there have to be right?  So do any of you know of something that might do the trick?

Not adverse to paying for it, but it would need to be my new "go to reverb" really if it's on the pricey side.  Otherwise it could be an expense gimmick that doesn't work.

Advice, most definitely, welcome!

Chain reverbs. Two instances of Valhalla VV going into one another. Adjust mix to taste. I've currently got two set for 60 seconds and one piano chord is lasting for 1 minute 30 seconds roughly in Reaper. 

@duotone oh that's useless re h/w iLok. I'm no fan at all and have only ever used host activation (which I'm not keen on really as it is).