Recommend me a OOOM

lincolnbluelincolnblue Frets: 294
edited November 2020 in Acoustics
In my search for a new guitar I'm really after a OOO I think. The obvious choice is Martin and people have suggested the 00015ME. But i have come across an Eastman E60M or E80M

How does the Eastman compare and what other 000M guitars are worth considering in the circa £1,000 figure?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Andy79Andy79 Frets: 888
    Martin 25.4 scale length and all mahogany 
    Eastman 24.9 with spruce top. 
    Haven’t played the Eastman but they will be pretty different sounding guitars

All mahogany is a bit Marmite, you need to know you like it before taking a punt 

The 15 series are great. For a spruce 000 Martin around a grand I would be looking very closely at the 000-17. Wonderfully lightweight canon of a guitar and looks great in black. Have to be used at that price though 
  • Thanks - that's useful. The 000-17 is a great guitar but I don't know how much I'm keen on the black. I think it looks great, but maybe not me
  • Andy79Andy79 Frets: 888
    It’s a very thin finish so 400 grit paper will see it off. 

Seriously though, they do a sunburst too

• Ah I didn't know they did a sunburst - will have a look!
  • CrankyCranky Frets: 2630
    edited November 2020
    I personally think that an all-mahogany Martin sounds a bit dull.  A spruce or cedar top would liven it up a bit, and I tend to think that a Martin's warmth is too much at the expense of a little brightness and single-note articulation.  With the smaller volume of a 000, I'd be extra selective about those specs.