SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD: 2001 Gibson Les Paul Standard Honeyburst refin £1150

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• How big is the neck? 
    Don't have measurements, and when it comes to neck profiles I am a bit of a novice. However I believe all 2001 standards had the 50s style profile so you could probably find out. This discussion may be of interest:

https://www.lespaulforum.com/forum/showthread.php?138780-2001-Les-Paul-Standard-Question
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • daveyh said:
    If he bought it cheap and sells it on in a few days at a regular price, what’s the problem?

I could give you examples of trades or things I have sold on here last 12 months, where I have lost a hundred or two. Win some, lose some. Which is why myself and @DrCornelius are planning to write a book, working title "How to Maintain a Healthy Marriage Whilst Haemorrhaging Money on Guitars." 

You are one of the good guys without doubt and if I hadnt just found a LP that seems to suit me I'd have had this off you too.

Hold fire on the book though, I havent had a lot of time to help on that since Jo kicked me out and I'm still only halfway through screwing all my Hercules guitar wall hangers up in the new flat
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • daveyh said:
    If he bought it cheap and sells it on in a few days at a regular price, what’s the problem?

I could give you examples of trades or things I have sold on here last 12 months, where I have lost a hundred or two. Win some, lose some. Which is why myself and @DrCornelius are planning to write a book, working title "How to Maintain a Healthy Marriage Whilst Haemorrhaging Money on Guitars." 

You are one of the good guys without doubt and if I hadnt just found a LP that seems to suit me I'd have had this off you too.

Hold fire on the book though, I havent had a lot of time to help on that since Jo kicked me out and I'm still only halfway through screwing all my Hercules guitar wall hangers up in the new flat
    We're good dude, the publishers have granted an extension on the first draft due to Covid.
  • How big is the neck? 
    Don't have measurements, and when it comes to neck profiles I am a bit of a novice. However I believe all 2001 standards had the 50s style profile so you could probably find out. This discussion may be of interest:

https://www.lespaulforum.com/forum/showthread.php?138780-2001-Les-Paul-Standard-Question
    Thank you, I'll investigate further... what are the pickups btw?
  • How big is the neck? 

The stock factory ones, mate. 
  • How big is the neck? 

Which ones are they? Sorry I'm not clued up les pauls
  • How big is the neck? 

Which ones are they? Sorry I'm not clued up les pauls
    The "standard" for the Standard were 490R and 498T.
  • Cheers
  • Pm sent @St_Hubbins ;
  • Wish I had the funds.

I was watching a clip of Dan Hawkins from the Darkness the other day, he was taking about his 'No. 1' guitar, a 2000/2001 LP Standard, totally stock with the 498T bridge pickup - effectively this guitar!
  • Wish I had the funds.

I was watching a clip of Dan Hawkins from the Darkness the other day, he was taking about his 'No. 1' guitar, a 2000/2001 LP Standard, totally stock with the 498T bridge pickup - effectively this guitar!
    I think I know the clip you refer to! I do live The Darkness. Maybe Mr Hawkins could buy as a spare, lol
  • rlwrlw Frets: 4695
    So is this sold or still available?
    Save a cow.  Eat a vegetarian.
  • rlw said:
    So is this sold or still available?
    I have an offer just below asking price which I am considering, but still available. Will be sold one way or another by end of the day. Cheers