SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WTB: A backup guitar...

What's Hot
Hi all,

So I'm on the lookout for a backup guitar.

My issue is I don't know what I want. I've predominantly been a Les Paul person with a spattering of single coil delights.

I used to take out my 2 Les Paul's, a 2001 standard and my pride and joy 2007 '57 VOS Black Beauty. 

While I'm happy to continue to use the standard, the VOS is just too sentimental/heavy for me to use so I want something to slot into it's place.

I'm somewhere between a nice semi hollow or just going all out for a super strat esque guitar. 

Budget is £250ish but could stretch depending on what it is.

Postage is likely to be required. Bonus points for a hardcase included.

Please save me from hunting high and low for something that I'm not sure exists.

Cheers

Iain
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• DominicDominic Frets: 16081
    You simply wont get a decent Superstrat for that kind of money.......for these to really work their purpose as a shreddy /fusion style thing they need to be fairly finely engineered quality . But for less well -honed tooling you can get a very decent semi such as an Epi DOT or Chinese Tokai that is perfectly capable .
  • The Harley Benton fusion ii is supposed to be pretty Damn good for the money, at £350ish
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I've got a schecter c-6 super strat for 250. Plays really well, pickups are stock so an upgrade would be a nice improvement.
  • The Harley Benton fusion ii is supposed to be pretty Damn good for the money, at £350ish
    funnily enough I've looked at them before but the QC concerns me having looked into them :anguished: 
  • mucksavagemucksavage Frets: 40
    edited November 2020
    I have a white Salvo that I can sell you for £275 plus postage - same price I bought it for on this forum earlier this year...its had set up by dolmencustom.com since then...no hard case though, just gig bag. Here is the old thread for it;
    https://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/2544521/#Comment_2544521

(note; thread says 275 including postage but I Live in Ireland so postage was bit extra)