Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS: 2020 Fender Telecaster Ultra - Ultraburst Rosewood - £950 - SOLD

What's Hot
bingefellerbingefeller Frets: 5723
edited November 2020 in Guitars £
Thanks for all the comments everyone, and thanks to the person who purchased it from me for making it an easy sale.  

Honestly guys, I appreciate all the comments, and I see where you're coming from.  Normally I would be battling this out 100%, but other stresses in my life just have me totally beat at the minute unfortunately.    

This guitar was bought on the 14th November 2020.  The guitar is in mint condition and has only been played a handful of times.  It does have light scratches consistent with use.

There is one issue on it however....

There is a buzz over the 5th fret D string and the G string chokes out when you bend it from the 5th fret up a full step.  

The open E string seems a little buzzy when played open. 

The strings appear thin and buzzy above the 12th fret.  

The overall problem is that it needs a good setup, or there could be a problem with the neck.  

I have gone through my usual set up, that I have been doing on all my guitars over the years and I can't get satisfactory result on this one, which leads me to believe it's the neck that is the issue.  It could be a high fret (I suspect the 6th fret) or a general neck problem.  

I am not experienced enough to repair, check or diagnose either of these issues so I have decided to sell it at a reduced price, to reflect the issues, and let someone with more experience repair it.  

Anyway, you're probably all wondering why I shouldn't just go back to the shop?  Well it was bought online, same place I have been buying all my guitars for years, and their aftercare is disgusting.  They are using various reasons to fob me off and, you know what, I just can't be bothered in arguing or trying to reason with them because I don't need the extra stress in my life right now.  It's easier to take the hit financially and just shop somewhere else in future.  

If you have any questions please feel free to contact me via pm.  

Price = £950.  Not open to part exchanges or trades.  I only ship to the UK.  PayPal only.  If you're in Northern Ireland you are welcome to come to my house and collect.  

My rationale behind the price is the used market value of the guitar is around £1250 - £300 for repair = £950, which I believe is a fair price.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• If this is just a few high frets you can get it sorted for much cheaper than £300. Could just need a fret level and set up. 

I’m guessing you’re frustrated with it. I’ve been in the same situation before with a few guitars that I just want out of my sight, just don’t get rid because of a potentially easy fix. Unless you’re really sure. 

Either way, good luck, it’s a lovely thing. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • GassageGassage Frets: 30887
    Bargain. What a lovely guitar.

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Sevenof9Sevenof9 Frets: 181
    Sorry to hear about the after sales situation - no comfort, but I have had a few doses of that - I don't know whether There is any of us based near you who can help you fix the problem - but anyway brilliant guitar and sincerely GLWTS
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17597
    tFB Trader
    I'd suggest take it to a tech.

You will get more for it and maybe even want to keep it.
  • chris78chris78 Frets: 9277
    I’d drop fender customer service an email.
    I had to deal with them a few years back and they were amazing. I’m sure they’ll sort you out.
    As it is, that’s a super price
  • It’s a compound radius, right? Wouldn’t surprise me at all if your bridge needs re-radiusing accordingly 
  • bingefeller : My rationale behind the price is the used market value of the guitar is around £1250 - £300 for repair = £950, which I believe is a fair price.

As others have said, it may be better to get the repair work done yourself. It could cost you a lot less than £300 and the guitar would then be a lot easier to sell as a well set-up and well-playing example, rather than one with undiagnosed problems. You might even surprise yourself and like it when it plays properly. I’m a bit surprised though that you’re letting the dealer who sold it to you off the hook. It sounds unplayable and they should rectify that or refund you, I believe the latter is within your consumer rights, assuming you haven’t marked the guitar or modded anything. Good luck.
    250+ positive trading feedbacks: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57830/
  • Any half decent tech should be able to diagnose it for you quickly. Do you have something to use as a fret rocker? It’s easy to check for a high fret and you can make a temporary notched straight edge from a thick piece of card. It works surprisingly well.
  • ZoonyboyZoonyboy Frets: 165
    Get it checked out, and if it is faulty you are entitled to a refund. Did you pay by credit card? If so you will not have any hassles, just tell your CC company that the goods are faulty. Fender would not stand for a dealer fobbing you off, but much easier to go the CC refund road I think.
  • If it’s only 2 weeks old can’t you just return it?
  • pjfpjf Frets: 331
    Name and shame the shop so others can avoid non-existent aftercare service
  • I agree with all the above sentiment.

I also understand that sometimes frustration can place us into a ‘I just want out’ scenario, even if we take a loss.

But aren’t these circa £1600 new ?

If so, you are selling way too cheap. I cannot believe that Fender would be happy either, as that isn’t the image they want to be projecting.

Reckon your consumer rights are pretty strong in this instance.
  • LordOxygenLordOxygen Frets: 319
    edited November 2020
    Defo contact Fender directly. This is a premium instrument, no way should you have this type of problem on a brand new guitar. I'm sure they will be disappointed in the dealer giving you cold shoulder too. 
  • paul111spaul111s Frets: 119
    edited November 2020
    Had exactly the same problem with a Telecaster Elite I owned a year ago.  I sent it to Neil at Ivison guitars who worked his magic for under half of the £300 you’re knocking off the price. Mine was a year or so old else I would of done what others have said and return it or email Fender to complain.
  • Yeah, I’d take a breather and email fender! I love a bargain and would be tempted to buy it off you but it’d feel sneaky and greedy. 

If it’s only bought two weeks ago -  surely Fender would tell the dealer to take it back if they’re not being supportive! That must be so gutting buying a brand new top end guitar and that happening. Good luck! 
  • TrudeTrude Frets: 914
    This sounds like a straightforward distance selling regulations case to me. They've essentially sold you a faulty item, and hence they are legally bound to ship it back at their expense and give you a full refund, including the original shipping cost. Consumer rights act 2015 has it all in black and white, and their own T&C's make no difference.

Personally, I'd threaten them with the small claims court, and link them to the relevant legislation.
    Some of the gear, some idea

Trading feedback here
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16089
    I would kidnap their children and sell them to gypsies ,burn down their shop and then slaughter their closest relatives in a ritualistic manner before their very eyes before covering them with honey and burying them in a nest of killer Fire Ants .
      People are just too nice these days.
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Dominic said:
    I would kidnap their children and sell them to gypsies ,burn down their shop and then slaughter their closest relatives in a ritualistic manner before their very eyes before covering them with honey and burying them in a nest of killer Fire Ants .
      People are just too nice these days.
    That reminds me , I still have that Gretsch cash of yours  . After reading that I would  really like to pay it back before things get ‘strained’ !
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16089
    Come on Con ..........You're Italian ,you know the Omerta code !
  • Sold already? I do hope this isn’t going to end up in the mitts of our friend on the south coast or the other one in Leicestershire at a hefty mark up thanks to its unplayed status.