Directions tips from London locals.

What's Hot
I want to go see a band in the Omeara between Union st and Southwark st on a Sunday night. Looking at Tube stations it seems London Bridge is closest, but there looks to be a Tube station entrance along Southwark road towards Omeara st.
trouble is, gig is on a Sunday night so don’t intend to stay. Just wondering as I normally park up in Old Deer car park at Richmond as coming from west along 316 is best for me then tube to venue. 
Would I be better driving in further being a Sunday, if so where to park and or do tube stations close early? 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• There's shitloads of Sunday night parking available slightly south of Borough, places like Camberwell/Stockwell for example, which looks like it's less than a mile from the venue. You'll probably be able to park somewhere near Kennington or Stockwell tube (Oval is more difficult due to the stadium) and then hop on a bus or the northern line for a few mins.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Google Maps suggest that the residential streets immediately east of Kennington tube station are Mon-Sat parking bays 
  • Google Maps suggest that the residential streets immediately east of Kennington tube station are Mon-Sat parking bays 
    Does that mean free on sundays if I can get one? 
  • yockyyocky Frets: 809
    Last Northern Line train is about 23:30 from London Bridge going south.

https://tfl.gov.uk/modes/tube/first-and-last-tube

You could park near me and get the overground 2 stops from Queens Road Peckham to London Bridge. But it's a bit further east than strictly necessary.

Wonder if its possible to drive all the way....no idea what parking would be like there though. Bit of a lottery. 
    More importantly, what is a "gig"? 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • rlwrlw Frets: 4694
    Loads of free parking in Bermondsey.
    Save a cow.  Eat a vegetarian.
    Does that mean free on sundays if I can get one? 
    Yes
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11291
    Watch out for the congestion charge. I wouldn't be surprised if our wonderful Mayor extends it to everywhere he can get away with.
  • yocky said:
    More importantly, what is a "gig"? 
    It’s an ancient form of entertainment, first mentioned in melody maker in 1926 I think. I was told that by a Welsh guy who always came out with odd bits during conversation called Dai Gress
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • scrumhalf said:
    Watch out for the congestion charge. I wouldn't be surprised if our wonderful Mayor extends it to everywhere he can get away with.
    Not on a Sunday
    scrumhalf said:
    Not on a Sunday
    That's what I thought tbh, but no

https://tfl.gov.uk/modes/driving/congestion-charge/congestion-charge-zone

and ULEZ if that applies
  • yocky said:
    scrumhalf said:
    Not on a Sunday
    That's what I thought tbh, but no

https://tfl.gov.uk/modes/driving/congestion-charge/congestion-charge-zone

and ULEZ if that applies
    Ah ok, they snuck that in during lockdown...
  • Sneaky buggers ain’t they. 
  • JohnnysevenJohnnyseven Frets: 907
    edited December 2020
    I work in the area near the venue (i'm on Blackfriars Road), there's free on street parking around there at the weekend. I imagine the streets will be very quiet so i'd drive and park near the venue if you're not wanting a drink.
    My trading feedback can be seen here - http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/58242/
  • siremoonsiremoon Frets: 1524
    Frankly I'd do what you normally do and park in Richmond.  A number of roads in Central London have been narrowed to make wider cycling lanes so all those working from home can cycle to work (no me neither :s ) and traffic jams on these roads are not uncommon at times of the day you wouldn't normally expect. 
    “He is like a man with a fork in a world of soup.” - Noel Gallagher