Lazy J bad press {videos]

What's Hot

Comments

• RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 11811
    edited November 2020
    The unwritten rule for the LOL button, generally speaking.

When the post is a clearly a joke, is used for funnies, laughter and humour.

When the post is a serious one, is considered "That's a joke of a post", in "you are wrong and I disagree." without explicitly saying so.

To me, it is a cowardly way to disagree with something people said, hence I believe why it was changed. 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
    Gassage said:
    @RiftAmps - worth mentioning, with the tFB new functionality, I can see who is LOLing.

Pretty disappointing from someone I considered a mate. As you wish.
    We both owned these amps haven't we mate, more than once ?!

I don't doubt that any amp can have issues; I had a problem with my reverb switch on my Lazy J, and wanted it serviced generally, so I reached out to Jesse...

To my amazement, he offered to service it for me, and I popped into his house where he makes them !! A warm welcome was received, and I played his 52 (?) Les Paul - and to watch him work and service the amp was really interesting. 

He did talk about the jealousy he feels from some amp makers, and even quoted some who claimed to have worked with him, yet he had never met them....

All I can say, is that he is a top man and fastidious in his application.

This one.

0reaction image LOL 5reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GassageGassage Frets: 30826

When the post is a serious one, is considered "That's a joke of a post", in "you are wrong and I disagree." without explicitly saying so.

To me, it is a cowardly way to disagree with something people said, hence I believe why it was changed. 
    Exactly.

I'm not bothering to further enter into debate - I can't be bothered.

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I didn’t know lols could be seen. When did that change? I quite like the humour button tbh. Somethings people say is really funny. Keeps me amused anyway lol 
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6090
    tFB Trader
    I'd have a Lazy J in a heartbeat, I played the J20 and the J10 at ATB in Cheltenham and came away quite smitten with the J10. The reality for me though is that I'm so impatient, waiting for one would probably break me.

As for Jesse, besides being an absolute gentlemen, he's funny, honest and beloved in the industry for a reason. On top of that his client list is the stuff of dreams for anyone in this industry, I'm very envious of it and it gives me something to aspire to.

Seeing his amps on stage with the Who at the olympics (i think it was opening ) ceremony was amazing. it doesn't get much better than that with regards to a testimonial. 

Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
  • 'Nuff said. I've had a simple rule of thumb for the last few years: If Tom Bukovac plays it, get it. And he looooves his Lazy J,
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • garfygarfy Frets: 143
    To echo others, Jesse is a complete gentleman and he's clearly at the top of the tree along with other esteemed builders...his client list and products speak for themselves
  • soma1975soma1975 Frets: 6627
    Gassage said:

Exactly.

Mate, the temptation to lol this post was unreal.
    My Trade Feedback Thread is here

Been uploading old tracks I recorded ages ago and hopefully some new noodles here.
    11reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Gassage said:
    @RiftAmps - worth mentioning, with the tFB new functionality, I can see who is LOLing.

I don't doubt that any amp can have issues; I had a problem with my reverb switch on my Lazy J, and wanted it serviced generally, so I reached out to Jesse...

To my amazement, he offered to service it for me, and I popped into his house where he makes them !! A warm welcome was received, and I played his 52 (?) Les Paul - and to watch him work and service the amp was really interesting. 

He did talk about the jealousy he feels from some amp makers, and even quoted some who claimed to have worked with him, yet he had never met them....

This one.

That's the badger mate !!

Amazing and surprisingly light... mind you, when you hear Jesse play it, its a thing of wonder... awesome guitarist.
  • Yeah I’ve played that LP too when I visited. Lustful guitar that. Amps are damn good too, my J20 was silent so I can’t relate to those videos.
  • camfcamf Frets: 1190
    edited November 2020
    soma1975 said:
    Gassage said:

Exactly.

Lol. :) 
    soma1975 said:
    Gassage said:

Exactly.

Hehehehehe!!

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • goldtopgoldtop Frets: 6101
    Anyone who's met Jesse know that this particular amp does not represent his work ethic. 

Any amp tech (who isn't just scoring Internet points) would have reached out to Jesse and worked together to solve the customer's problems.
  • I'm pretty sure I remember something about a fake Lazy J surfacing somewhere?

R.
    I'm pretty sure I remember something about a fake Lazy J surfacing somewhere?

R.

https://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57318/fake-lazy-j-just-in-from-jesse

Gassage said:

This one.

That's the badger mate !!

Amazing and surprisingly light... mind you, when you hear Jesse play it, its a thing of wonder... awesome guitarist.
    Sounds like quite a few of us has visited his home!  I know we all have a real one having checked/serviced and picked it up directly from him.
  • I never got to use mine at a gig, but I did rehearse with the J20 and it was a righteous amp.
  • cbellangacbellanga Frets: 572
    edited December 2020
    I gigged mine for more than a year (till covid s ).
    At full volume it really shines - amazing clarity and presence.
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30273
    I should think there are many more guitarists who've heard of Lazy J than Psionic Audio.
  • PCGPCG Frets: 14
    I watched all three videos.  I thought they were interesting and appeared to make some valid and objective points.  I can see how some of the language used might offend those who have (or feel they have) a personal connection with the builder. 

I enjoy seeing some balance and don’t see why these amps (or any other piece of kit) should be somehow beyond criticism. Some of the points made in the videos are things I’ve seen elsewhere, including here if I recall correctly (e.g questions over some of the outboard reverb/trem design & implementation choices).

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom