SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Withdrawn: 1 day old Fender Vintera Road Worn Tele Deluxe in Daphne Blue

What's Hot
oldhorsemurphyoldhorsemurphy Frets: 321
edited December 2020 in Guitars £
Not a great day today as I've discovered I've got to have a back op for a long-standing rugby injury. As a result, I'm probably panicking a bit but I've decided I want to move on a brand new Fender Vintera Road Worn Tele Deluxe in Daphne Blue that was given to me as a gift yesterday from a family member and to return it and ask for money instead would be heartbreaking for them. 

I know, I know, but this is where my head is at right now. It's going to be a while before I can play again sadly. 

Anyway, it's spotless and still has the plastic on the pickups etc. All the labels, candy and shipping box are intact too. I've literally plugged it in, tuned it up and then repacked it. 

They seem to retail for £999-£1,099 on the UK bit seem to be quite hard to get hold of. I'll let this one go or £940 inc. insured postage. 

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• RevMattRevMatt Frets: 829
    This sounds like a really sad situation.

Whilst I understand you wanting to avoid offending or upsetting the person who bought you this, but presumably they're aware of your situation.

I was just thinking, they should be able to return it for a full refund - I'm not an expert on consumer law, but I'm fairly sure shops are obligated under current distance seller regulations to refund upto 14 days after purchase. It must be worth looking into as that way no-one loses out.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • Thanks Rev, much appreciated. 

I think it would be easy to get them to return it but it's actually my Mum who bought it for me and unfortunately she is due to go on for an op herself and I'm reluctant to tell her if my predicament as she has enough to worry about.  

It's a real dilemma so I thought if there was any interest it's worth seeing if I can move it on. If there are no bites, I'll keep it and I'm sure once I'm mended I'll get to make good use of it. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Keep it. Unless you need the cash. You might bring both you and her joy playing it. 
    Trading feedback info here

My band, Red For Dissent
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 7reaction image Wisdom
  • Keep it. Unless you need the cash. You might bring both you and her joy playing it. 

New day, marginally more positive outlook on life, so withdrawn :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 11reaction image Wisdom
  • Don't sell the guitar, one day it will mean more to you than a few quid.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom