Voting For Composition Challenge 30

stratman3142stratman3142 Frets: 2196
edited December 2020 in Making Music
This is the combined Voting and Discussion thread.

Please use this thread to cast your votes for your favourite entries to Fretboard Composition Challenge

VOTING AND DATES
Voting System - voters can pick their favourite entries.

First choice gets 5 points - Second choice gets 3 points - Third choice gets 1 point

The entry with the most points wins.

Simply post in this thread your top three choices for winner in order, 1st choice first etc etc. 

(Note for Entrants of the competition: Self Voting is not allowed)

Voting ends midnight 8th December 2020, and the results will be announced shortly after.

PLAYLIST
It's not a competition.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• SpringywheelSpringywheel Frets: 941
    edited December 2020
    5 Points - @Snap Wow, i loved everything about this - you sure know how to build a track up. I like the filter (?) effect on the drums when they kick in...then the bass groove steps it up a notch. I'm a sucker for sinister sounding electronic numbers. 

3 Points - @poopot Amazing mix - positive and upbeat - the perfect contrast to Snap's funerial dirge  

1 Point - @Snags Great acoustic guitar sound as usual - I like a good acoustic blues number and this did the trick. Nice one. 

Shoutout to the others, I always enjoy listening to everyone's entries
  • poopotpoopot Frets: 9099
    Ok...

5pts to @AlbertC - played it in the car and the bloody kids won’t stop singing it... really catchy.

3pts @Snags - windy cliff top, dumped by his mrs, the 20 something contemplates his mistakes!... like that a lot!.

1pt @stratman3142 - 80’s private investigator montage... excellent!...
  • SnagsSnags Frets: 5368
    Too much choice. Multiple listens. Brain melted.

5 points - @Snap :: loved this, wonderfully dark, with little hints of Floodland-era Sisters of Mercy/Sisterhood, NIN and even a nod in the Hawkwind direction (probably says more about me than you)

3 points - @AlbertC :: how charming is that?! Quirky, fun, and elegantly delivered

1 point - @poopot :: up tempo funktastic offering (thereby surprising no-one :) )

Thoroughly enjoyed having all five of them on a loop whilst trying to work out my preferences, though.
  • SnapSnap Frets: 6264
    I like them all tbh.
    But, as we have to score:

5 points - @Snags very Nick Cavesque, and I like the whole composition. 
    3 points - @poopot love it, lots going on, like the use of samples and the funky cool vibe.
    1 point - @ stratman3142 - started off in a sort of early Moby vibe, then went all Jan Hammer, v cool.

On another day, I'd have probably another order, and @AlbertC & @Springywheel, liked both these too. 

I'm glad I started joining in on this, this board has some talented members!

cheers
  • AlbertCAlbertC Frets: 932
    Tough choice to make, all very close but here are the votes from the Kent jury

5 points - @stratman3142 ;- like jazz crossed with Level 42

3 points - @Springywheel - always a sucker for anything with a reggae/dub vibe

1 point -  @poopot - great lead tone

• stratman3142stratman3142 Frets: 2196
    edited December 2020
    Great entries in very different styles.

I'm going for:

5 points : @AlbertC : Very catchy. There's a Becker and Fagen feel to it, with the funky EP and guitar noodles plus some of the chord changes.

3 points : @Snap : Epic. This builds really well. Great sounds. Is that Omnishhere?  Just enough variation to keep interest before the powerful impact of the rhythm and bass coming in. Slightly Gary Numan.

1 point : @poopot : Mega funky. Good arrangement. Love the lead guitar sound as usual.

It's not a competition.
  • Voting closes tonight at midnight.

It's not a competition.
    @stratman3142 it is indeed Omnisphere 2, all the synths are done with it. Gary Numan - I make no apologies for being a big fan, hence the rather large sounding Vox Humana patch. cheers

Synths - recently rediscovered Oddity2 - that's a cracking synth.
    I like the filter (?) effect on the drums when they kick in...then the bass groove steps it up a notch. I'm a sucker for sinister sounding electronic numbers. 

Thanks mate. Drums - the opening is a kit in Battery, then I layered over the same pattern but in AD2. The acoustic drums were put through Soundtoys Little Microshift and then Eddie Kramer Drums for a bit more punch. Soundtoys Devil Loc is good on drums too, very beefy
  • Voting closed.
    It's not a competition.