SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WTB Broken Pedals

What's Hot
Recently bought a broken pedal, fixed it (with a bit of help from the good people of TheFretboard) and loved the process and sense of achievement. Selling it on to fund more of the same. Reckon it could be a hobby that pays for itself.

So if anyone has broken pedals that they think might be a reasonably straightforward fix with a soldering iron and a bit of trial and error that they are willing to sell cheap, I'm interested. 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• KeefyKeefy Frets: 2286
    edited December 2020
    It’s a lot of fun!

You’re probably best asking here because spares/repair pedals seem to go for very overcooked prices on eBay.

EDIT: If there’s a pedal you can’t fix you can always use the case etc to house a home brew build.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • hobbiohobbio Frets: 3440
    I've got a few I'm looking to shift. Boxed Danelectro Fab Tone, one of old big metal enclosure ones not the plastic bodied ones. Won't switch on. Looks great though lol. Got a couple of Behringers too, a boxed TU300 chromatic tuner that wants to work but won't stay switched on and an unboxed Warp Distortion WD300 with an intermittent fault on one of the pots.

electric proddy probe machine

My trading feedback thread

• @hobbio reckon that lot could keep me out of mischief! What do you want for the lot?
    I've got no idea how much they'll cost to post. Are you anywhere near Southampton?

• Not quite, Tonbridge (Tier 3). 
    Ok, let me figure out the postage and I'll give you a number. It won't be much more than postage tbh 

• Sounds more than fair. Thank you.
  • What's people's take on selling repaired pedals on? I've boud and sold and I declare "reconditioned" they get a bit less than second-hand, even if you're taking out 20 year old mechanical switches and replacing with NOS.

I don't like SMD stuff or EHX but I do like sneaking Fuzzdog clones into old cases :) 
  • Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 10402
    If it's repaired properly I don't see an issue and wouldn't even mention it. There's magic in an old guitar in terms of wood and pickups so if you change a bit any of that then it should be mentioned. Also valve amps in terms of transformers but not actual electronics.  As long as you keep the circuit original and use the correct value components then it's fine. 
    www.2020studios.co.uk 
    I'd buy a reconditioned pedal no problems, and if @bencowling81 repairs the pedals I've sent him and sells them on for a profit then all power to his elbow. He's put the effort in to fix something that would have been binned, why not earn a couple of quid whilst he's at it.

• KeefyKeefy Frets: 2286
    I’ve always declared repairs when selling pedals, can’t see any reason not to.