My Bumper Book of Lies

...is the name of an album I released a couple of months ago, which I realised I probably ought to promote. 

TBH, it feels like there should be quotes around "album", "released" and "promote". I'm sure you understand. 

If you thought it would be something more impressive, I apologise for the inconvenience. 

All the guitars (and there are quite a few all over the place, probably too many in some places, as I'm one of those people who thinks that all the problems of the world can be solved with overdubs) are ones I bought on here or had made from parts I got on here or from local makers - for example, I'm fairly sure the guitar on this track is a GSPBASSES neck on a second-hand body I got from the classifieds, with Alegree Filtertron-style pickups all artfully put together by Feline. 

The image is the cover, which was drawn by Viv Schwarz, a top children's book illustrator. 

On Bandcamp

On Spotify

On YouTube

And on all the other streaming services. There are a lot more of them than you think. 

Well, that's been on my now-slightly-shorter to-do list for a while. Hooray! Now to tackle all the other nonsense. 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Excellent stuff, John! I've listened to a few of your songs and I'll be returning later when I have more time, as you have a lot of stuff on there. What I've heard so far is really interesting both musically and lyrically, and that is quite rare. You've inspired me to go back to some jazz stuff/theory as I've been stuck in a rut lately and I am looking for inspiration. Top drawer, sir :-)
  • That's some impressive stuff there. Not what I normally listen too, but that's beside the point. Not listened to all of the tracks yet, but the lyrics are very impressive, no clunky forced rhymes & not show offy. Many professionals should have a listen & learn (maybe you are a proffesional, in which case, still well done)
  • maw4neumaw4neu Frets: 549
    Great track . . . Loved it :-) 
    Id just like to point out that, despite all the video and DNA evidence, it genuinely wasn't me, your Honour  ! 

• That is a really great track. Love it.
  • CoffeeAndTVCoffeeAndTV Frets: 433
    Blimey, this is good. 

I’m going to have a proper listen tomorrow.  Your voice the and songs are really well suited. 
  • victorludorumvictorludorum Frets: 996
    edited March 2021
    He's not replying to anything it seems.
  • GrangousierGrangousier Frets: 2620
    Agh, sorry! I am very grateful for the nice things people have said, but didn't really know what to say. Obviously, thank you for listening to the tracks, which is what I should have said. Definitely didn't want to be rude - it all makes me a bit self-conscious. Should probably have thought of that.