Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

What’s Your Favourite Guitar Effects Pedal You’ve Bought In This Horrible Year 2020 ?

What's Hot

Comments

• shaunmshaunm Frets: 1596
    Strymon Volante 

but I am waiting on two GFI pedals to be delivered so it’s possible that could change
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Benm39Benm39 Frets: 702
    I think I've only bought one pedal this year but it would still be my favourite.  Nocturne El Pescadoro,  runner up from last year would be Effectrode PC 2A compressor
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • LuttiSLuttiS Frets: 2243
    I've only got one this year, Redbeard Red Mist mk IV, which is an extreme box of silly.. it has a permanent residence on my board :) 
  • It's a tie between the Effectrode Tube Driver for superb tones, or the Orange Amp Detonator which lets me have a wet-dry setup
  • JohnnysevenJohnnyseven Frets: 907
    edited December 2020
    I've only bought a few cheap, fairly unspectacular pedals this year but I did buy a Boss FB-2 again. I had one when they first came out and sold it on. I've realised that the mid boost pushes some magic frequency that makes my JB-2 sound amazing.
    My trading feedback can be seen here - http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/58242/
  • There are three makers for me

Reeves electro  - a fuzz that I won, that is point to point wired  Marcus makes great pedals

Tatefx -  Lockdown fuzz.
     I asked for this one to be made and was my first ever custom pedal,  I asked for a Bias control on it. It is literally amazing. One of the best fuzzes I have ever used.

Bad Penny FX -
    probably not surprising these are in my list to anyone,  as I set up the tourbox for these.
    Initially I had a custom tonebender made for me and built into an old camera, which is great and feels unique, with psych lights.

after that I was really interested in the other pedals,  I now have the Fuzzcontroller and Smoothflow,  both fantastic, I really like the smoothflow, which is like to boosts together.  It's probably my favorite of all the pedals. 

Plus as an additional if it wasn't for Stuart from Tate fx and Mark from Bad Penny, I wouldn't have built my own pedals, I am still very amateur but like a lot I think in lockdown I found pedal building a fun hobby, I would say my meathead, SHO or Rat are my favorite own builds.

Instagram is Rocknrollismyescape -

FOR SALE - Catalinbread Echorec, Sonic Blue classic player strat and a Digitech bad monkey

• I've only bought one but it's a good one. The classic Behringer SF300 Super Fuzz. Sounds adequately alright
    I like that pedal, that in-between setting is fun as well

FOR SALE - Catalinbread Echorec, Sonic Blue classic player strat and a Digitech bad monkey

• jdgm said:
    The only pedal I've bought this year - ebay bargain, in box!

I didn't know they made pedals 

• VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4722
    Line 6 Pod Go. Would benefit from some functionality upgrades for gigging, but excellent modelling and UI, and sounds great. Edit software is really good too. 
    I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
  • jdgmjdgm Frets: 851
    edited December 2020

I didn't know they made pedals 
    There was a series of 8 like it -

http://www.effectsdatabase.com/model/peavey#
  • thomasw88thomasw88 Frets: 2320
    Himmelstrutz fat oh Nord. It's immense
  • MagicPigDetectiveMagicPigDetective Frets: 3018
    edited December 2020
    Having thought about it further, I agree, my favourite pedal of 2020 is the Walrus Audio D1 delay. Superb.

stickyfiddle said:
    Walrus Mako D1 Delay. Astounding little box that’s so simple to use. 

• HattigolHattigol Frets: 8188
    Origin RevivalTrem. Utterly wonderful. 
    Followed by Keeley Hydra.
    "Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis
  • Hattigol said:
    So you’re liking the Hydra then? 
  • blobbblobb Frets: 2932
    Beebo / Digit

Feelin' Reelin' & Squeelin'
  • TC electronics Third Dimension off here, absolutely heavenly 
  • joetelejoetele Frets: 949
    Probably the DOD Rubberneck, because it has a really nice delay, great modulation, gain, tap tempo, and two useful switches for time stretching and oscillation. It basically does everything I could want from a creative delay pedal. I can run everything into it and then finish a song with oscillation that I can then warp back and forth, or I can have a nice subtle delay with a bit of wobble. It can also get pretty close to tape warble sounds if you fiddle with the time and gain knobs. 

Which brings me to the runner up - the Demedash Effects T120 - stunning VHS-tape-gone-wrinkly delay which absolutely nails the Lofi warble stuff but genuinely does sound like old tape degrading a la William Bazinkski. The only reason it didn't win 2020 for me is because it isn't as versatile as the Rubberneck and it's a lot of money. 

I've also really enjoyed the Fredric Effects Grumbly Wolf octave distortion, although mine is currently back with Tim for repair, and the EHX Soul Food which is a lovely transparent drive that makes everything sound better. 
    MUSIC: Pale Blurs
  • HattigolHattigol Frets: 8188
    Hattigol said:
    So you’re liking the Hydra then? 
    Yes @MagicPigDetective really nice. Love the fact it has presets - got one for a fairly subtle wash, one for shimmer and one for a Magnatone style wobble. Really impressed with it.
    "Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis
  • Cheap and cheerful secondhand Boss RV-6, for the sole purpose of adding reverb to my reverbless TK Falcon.
  • Foxrox Octron 3 and Black Arts Toneworks Tres Diablos Ruidosos for me. Especially together.