Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

What’s Your Favourite Guitar Effects Pedal You’ve Bought In This Horrible Year 2020 ?

What's Hot

Comments

• GassageGassage Frets: 30824
    A few
    Kingsley Page- a brilliant pedal.
    Effectrode Phasomatic
    Jam Retrovibe
    Boss EQ200

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • VJIvesVJIves Frets: 466
    Torn between my Champion Leccy Skitter (trem/verb), the Intensive Audio Fideleater (lofi chorus/vibrato) and the EQD/DBA Time Shadows, which somehow managed to be worth the import fee. In contrast to the Bliss Factory which I've barely touched!
  • The DOD Carcosa I got at the start of the year takes a lot of beating, it's the one fuzz pedal to rule them all

I did finally get an ME-50 to see what @ICBM was getting so excited about, and it is a lot of fun (if only it had a solo boost) but didn't quite knock the DOD off top spot

but then I got a Boss LS-2 for my bass board, and now I can mix the clean with the horrible RAT fuzz it sounds amazing and thus wins the year
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 71951
    Dave_Vader said:

but then I got a Boss LS-2 for my bass board, and now I can mix the clean with the horrible RAT fuzz it sounds amazing and thus wins the year
    You can use the LS-2 as a solo boost as well :) - actually two different levels of boost if you want!

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

• Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 7670
    VJIves said:
    Torn between my Champion Leccy Skitter (trem/verb), the Intensive Audio Fideleater (lofi chorus/vibrato) and the EQD/DBA Time Shadows, which somehow managed to be worth the import fee. In contrast to the Bliss Factory which I've barely touched!

I bought a Fideleater after you mentioned it, and I'm having a lot of fun with it, none of the sounds I've got out of it sound remotely like chorus or vibrato, but that's a good thing :)

I've got a late contender which might take over as my pedal of the year, I'll update my post once I've had a chance to play with it (it should be here this week).

"I'll probably be in the bins at Newport Pagnell services."  fretmeister
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • VJIvesVJIves Frets: 466
    Paul_C said:
    VJIves said:
    Torn between my Champion Leccy Skitter (trem/verb), the Intensive Audio Fideleater (lofi chorus/vibrato) 

I bought a Fideleater after you mentioned it, and I'm having a lot of fun with it, none of the sounds I've got out of it sound remotely like chorus or vibrato, but that's a good thing :)
    Oh excellent, I love tuning the depth knob to an octave down with the blend halfway. Come up with some truly bizarre but surprisingly tuneful riffs that way!
  • BrioBrio Frets: 1789
    I loved my Plethora. Sadly business problems meant my selling it.
  • LogieLogie Frets: 440
    Pod Go. Amazing bit of kit for the money.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • dilbertdilbert Frets: 202
    Mosky Golden Horse, bought for a tenner from @AlexC, (cheers mate!). Used standalone or as a booster, it's every bit as good as the internet would have you believe, there really isn't a bad sound in it. Never tried a Tumnus etc., so I can't make comparisons but for me, the GH is going to be a pedalboard 'ever present'.    
  • JotaJota Frets: 463
    dilbert said:
    Mosky Golden Horse, bought for a tenner from @AlexC, (cheers mate!). Used standalone or as a booster, it's every bit as good as the internet would have you believe, there really isn't a bad sound in it. Never tried a Tumnus etc., so I can't make comparisons but for me, the GH is going to be a pedalboard 'ever present'.    

Good pedal. Mine developed a high pitch noise after two years on my board. No matter how it's powered.
  • I got a RaingerFX Drone Rainger this year. I guess as it was my only pedal purchase, it wins by default.
  • JohnPerryJohnPerry Frets: 1616
    Like Bruce in his earlier post, the Origin Magma 57. It produces a gorgeous subtle wobble (among other things) and has a great vintage drive circuit. I've spent years and gone through many pedals (Warped Vinyl, Cosmichorus, Lofi Junky, a Fairfield and two or three vibratos) but this is exactly what I wanted them all to sound like 

• EskerEsker Frets: 80
    Skreddy little miss sunshine....I love phasers and had heard it was good. What an understatement!!!!
    I think my phaser search is over.
  • Esker said:
    Skreddy little miss sunshine....I love phasers and had heard it was good. What an understatement!!!!
    I think my phaser search is over.
    I picked up one of these too, perfect simplicity. 
  • Only one “incoming” this year. Mrs 1Strat2many, bless her, bought me an MXR Timmy for my Birthday and I think is a superb little pedal
  • chromatunachromatuna Frets: 366
    edited December 2020
    Most of the year I have been away from my electrics, pedals etc. (and the Fretboard)

Only bought one this year and I still like it so it must be my favourite. The relatively humble Maxon CP-101 compressor. Tried quite a few over the years and never bonded with them the way I have done with this one
    This is the truth from hillbilly guitars!
  • chotu495chotu495 Frets: 356
    It will likely be a Delay Llama Extreme, as its under the Christmas tree.

I bought an EQD Despatch Master via here, and it is such a cool pedal, so that can be my backup.
  • FezFez Frets: 499
    I have only bought one so it will be the Thorpy peacekeeper Feline anniversary edition. 
    The other day I tried it into my jcm900 which is the only amp the Gunshot doesn't really shine with. The Peacekeeper however is awesome into the jcm900.
    Don't touch that dial.
  • samzadgansamzadgan Frets: 1471
    Red Panda Context for sure...i sold my strymon big sky...and its so much better
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • This year i discovered old blood noise endeavours and got the excess and minim which are in my top 3 but my fave (if it counts) is a two notes cab m, completely transformed my studio work!